You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-20 01:25:59

twiistedkaos

HAL: Mounting usbdisk as read only

As topic says, HAL seems to be now mounting my usbdisk as read only and not read/write like it used to be, I have not modified anything what so ever, I think it had to do with the kernel upgrade and drive letters changing!

#2 2006-12-20 15:25:02

jstech

Re: HAL: Mounting usbdisk as read only

I've had USB thumbdrives mysteriously go read-only on me, only to realize that it was the physical read-only switch on the drive that was doing it.  Made me feel silly after poking around with udev and mount for ~20 minutes.

#3 2006-12-20 15:34:21

Snarkout

When you say "seems to be" do you mean that you think it's hal doing it, or do you mean that you think the drive is being mounted ro?  In either case, tailing /var/log/messages and running "mount" will give you more info.  I suspect that the previous poster may have it right, though, and you may have flipped the rw/ro switch on your drive, if you have one.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein

#4 2006-12-20 17:40:55

twiistedkaos

Snarkout wrote:

When you say "seems to be" do you mean that you think it's hal doing it, or do you mean that you think the drive is being mounted ro?  In either case, tailing /var/log/messages and running "mount" will give you more info.  I suspect that the previous poster may have it right, though, and you may have flipped the rw/ro switch on your drive, if you have one.

Lmao, that is probable, I didn't even think about that, I shall check when I get home tongue

Board footer