You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-20 20:09:34

mouse256

kde windows in gnome always blinking

Hi,

I'm already for a long time having an annoying problem: all kde apps I run always flash in the gnome panel. This also causes the blinking window to be visible on all desktops, and when I click on it I jump to the desktop running that window.
I can't really figure out why it starts blinking, but it always does so after at most half a minute.
Is there anybody here who knows how to fix this? I can't find a setting or so in kcontrol, maybe I'm overlooking something? I have this behavior with kate, kile, kopete and amarok...

#2 2006-12-20 20:37:13

pelle.k

Re: kde windows in gnome always blinking

Appearance & Themes > Launch Feedback
big_smile

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#3 2006-12-21 08:05:00

mouse256

That doesn't help. As far as I know this is the launch feedback when you use kde, that doesn't have to do anything with gnome.
The problem also has nothing to do with the launch feedback. If the kde program is already running for let's say 2 hours and I switch to a gnome app, the kde app will start blinking in the taskbar after a short time (especially when I start switching desktops)

#4 2006-12-21 09:47:46

pelle.k

Oh!  :oops:
I use a lot of gnome apps in KDE, but never any KDE apps in gnome though.

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

Board footer