You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-20 09:11:07

zaxdan69

repair archlinux boot after disk gpt conversion

I recently upgrade mainboard to an UEFI one and I converted archlinux disk(which also has windows and for this was mbr) to gpt. I managed to repair windows boot but reading wiki I'm a bit confused and I don't know how to proceed in my current situation to also can boot to archlinux.
On this disk now the windows is the first partition, the efi is the second(I created before conversion and flaged it as esp/boot) and archlinux is on 3rd partition.
So, can anyone give me a step guide, on what to do next?

#2 2024-04-20 10:49:24

zaxdan69

Re: repair archlinux boot after disk gpt conversion

I managed to install grub, but now I have a new problem which I don't know why happens.
If I choose the arch boot option as 1st boot device in BIOS, then grub shows up with wrong resolution and when I try to boot to any entry or try to edit an entry, I get a black screen and I can only reset the pc by its button. If I select it via boot menu(pressing F11 on boot), then loads with correct resolution and all work fine. Same If I select it as boot override entry in "Exit" tab on BIOS.
Any Idea why this happens?
UPDATE:
I found it. It was the grub theme and the resolution defined as "auto" in grub configuration file. I just needed to change it to my monitor's resolution and now all works fine

Last edited by zaxdan69 (2024-04-20 18:44:31)

Board footer