You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-23 14:56:04

phunni

Can anyone help me understand this error message?

In the last couple of weeks, my computer has started freezing and/or rebooting suddenly. It happened again today and, this time, I was quick enough to get a photo of the error screen (yes, I know I need to dust my monitor!): Photo of Error Message

Most of this is meaningless to me - I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me understand what it means and how serious it may or may not be.

I'm running with an AMD Ryzen 7 on an AB350-Gamin 3 motherboard. I have an NVidia GTX 1070 GPU. I recently decided to switch to Wayland, using Hyprland as a compositor. Apart from the very occasional flicker I haven't had any problems in Wayland with NVidia.

All help much appreciated - thanks in advance!

#2 2024-04-23 15:27:12

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Can anyone help me understand this error message?

I was going to say you should put the error in the thread title so 1) people who can really help will see it, and 2) so others facing the same problem can find it.  As is, this title serves only you ... and not very well.

But all that is beside the point as you should also search for the error message.  The very first result in my very first web search for this error message returns a SOLVED thread on these forums:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=293963

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2024-04-23 19:44:25

phunni

Re: Can anyone help me understand this error message?

Thanks for the reply - honestly, I wasn't sure what was the key bit of the error in question.

I'll take a look through that thread you linked - hopefully there's something useful there...

Board footer