You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-01 01:06:18

gr1da

[SOLVED] Pointer acceleration resets with auto login KDE Plasma X11

On my PC, when using KDE and SDDM automatic login with X11 session, pointer acceleration will turn itself on even if previously disabled. However, the systemsettings page shows that nothing has changed, and requires toggling "Standard" then "None" to turn it off again. I am using a wireless Logitech mouse and don't have another to test with.

This behavior doesn't occur always, but most of the time. It also doesn't happen when using Wayland, or when not using auto login at all.

The inconsistency in the displayed settings also appears in another bug I've had that also involves SDDM configuration through systemsettings; don't know if it's related.

Here's a journal log for a boot when this happens.

I've tried searching around to find similar reports, but couldn't find any. Has anyone else seen this? Or is this user error?

Last edited by gr1da (2024-05-01 22:01:28)

#2 2024-05-01 07:10:58

seth

Re: [SOLVED] Pointer acceleration resets with auto login KDE Plasma X11

Have you tried to configure the X11 server, https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Mouse_ … celeration
If the mouse (logically) re-attaches (should show up in the xorg log) after the login and KDE just sets the value before, it won't apply to the new device, just making the flat profile the default would catch that.

#3 2024-05-01 22:00:43

gr1da

I changed the default acceleration profile for all pointers to flat, and this works.

seth wrote:

If the mouse (logically) re-attaches (should show up in the xorg log) after the login and KDE just sets the value before, it won't apply to the new device

It looks like this is the case, but it seems like undesired behavior from KDE settings as it wasn't doing this before.

#4 2024-05-01 22:06:37

seth

If my hypothesis is correct "KDE" just does nothing - there would have to be an active daemon that monitors changes to the list of input devices and constantly re-applies the KDE settings

Board footer