You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-09 12:13:01

archuser38013

Can I somehow block usb device from going through a sequence?

I have the d-link dwm-222 and it now implements RNDIS which is blocking me from using as a normal GSM as it creates a wired ethernet connection interface.

I read around and apparently if I am able to downgrade to the previous firmware then it will work as I want it. I booted a version of hirensbootcd to get into a windows environment. The usb dongle seems to be recognized in there fine and I downloaded the firmware to downgrade to. However when I run it it states the device is found but it soon pops up with an error saying something like the port may already be used by the modem. I am thinking this may be because it still cycles through the auto process in linux host to create the wired connection even though it passes through to the guest.

Is there a way I can force it to not do that yet still have it accessible to the virt-manager vm? I am wondering if that is possible to have one's cake and eat it too so to speak in that I could imagine it would not be hard to shut the usb off altogether but that would then make it inaccessible to the vm guest. I don't even know if this is the issue but thought it might be and want to rule it out if there is a way to do that.

I am pretty stumped if that is not the issue.

I will try rebooting the vm again, going through the same process, and seeing if the ethernet interface shows up on the host.

EDIT: Ok I just checked and seems it is not coming online via linux as the interface doesn't go up. The error message in the firmware updater in the VM is "the modem port may have been used!"

Last edited by archuser38013 (2024-05-09 12:29:32)

Board footer