You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
PySolFC is a solitaire application. I installed the base package pysolfc as well as the AUR pysolfc-music. When I run the game, I do not hear any background music.
Upon searching I found PySol-Sound-Server.
Note: Linux users should download a special semi-static precompiled module from the PySol homepage to avoid the installation of any additional packages mentioned here. Also see src/setup.py.in for instructions how to build this special module from source.
However I couldn't locate the "special semi-static precompiled moudle" from the PySolFC Homepage so I tried to build from source myself.
> git clone https://github.com/shlomif/pysol-sound-server
> cd pysol-sound-server/srcHOW TO BUILD THE SEMI-STATIC MODULE:
------------------------------------
A) install the Python development package
B) build or install static libraries of current versions of
libaudiofile, libesd, SDL and smpeg
(distributions like Debian have packages for all of these)
C) build your own stripped down SDL 1.2.7 library from source
1) configure SDL with `--disable-shared --disable-arts --disable-video
--disable-events --disable-cdrom --disable-joystick'
2) build SDL
3) copy the resulting library src/.libs/libSDL.a to
/usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.7-disable_video.a
D) build the semi-static pysolsoundserver module
1) run `./configure'
2) type `make static'
3) type `make strip' (optional)
4) type `make install'
> sudo pacman -Syu --needed audiofile esd sdl12-compat smpeg
error: target not found: esdI couldn't find SDL1 from Github so I had to skip step C.
> ./configure
> make static
> make strip
> sudo make installNow there is a directory pysol-sound-server/src/dist which contains pysolsoundserver-3.20-py3.12-linux-x86_64.egg.
The .egg file contains EGG-INFO/, __pycache__, pysolsoundserver.cpython-312-x86_64-linux-gnu.so and pysolsoundserver.py.
I extracted the contents into ~/.PySolFC/plugins. However I still get no music, even though /usr/share/PySolFC/music does contain music. What went wrong?
Offline
Just a SWAG(*), you might try esd-oss from the AUR
* Scientific Wild Ass Guess
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
Just plain ALSA here, no sound server, no additional music, but have sound effects with no problems.
Obvious question, but have you checked `Options->Sound`?
Eenie meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak -- Bullwinkle J. Moose
It's a big club...and you ain't in it -- George Carlin
Registered Linux user #149839
perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10); '
Offline
Pages: 1