You are not logged in.
I am having an issue where any app that runs under Xorg or Xwayland stutters badly every 20 or less seconds, I haven't tried much because I didn't find anything about it on google, I just switched from fedora to arch and fedora didn't have this issue, Here are my system specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
GPU: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 3000
RAM: 8 GB of DDR3 at 1333 MHz
Notes: Every app stutters even the DE (KDE 6.1) if it's run under Xorg or Xwayland, On wayland this issue is completely non-existent, When the stuttering happens the mouse cursor is completely fine, I have xf86-video-intel installed if that makes any difference.
If you need any other information, tell me and I will provide.
Sorry if my english is bad, it isn't my first language.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Last edited by the_leqend (2024-07-03 12:36:01)
Offline
Get rid of xf86-video-intel in any case, and potentially also post
glxinfo -BOffline
Getting rid of xf86-video-intel fixed the stuttering, but now everything feels way slower and choppier.
Output of glxinfo -B:
name of display: :0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device: Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2) (0x116)
Version: 24.1.2
Accelerated: yes
Video memory: 1536MB
Unified memory: yes
Preferred profile: core (0x1)
Max core profile version: 3.3
Max compat profile version: 3.3
Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.0
OpenGL vendor string: Intel
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2)
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 24.1.2-arch1.1
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL version string: 3.3 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 24.1.2-arch1.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 24.1.2-arch1.1
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
Should I mark the post as [SOLVED] now that the stuttering is fixed?
Last edited by the_leqend (2024-07-03 12:18:05)
Offline
I'd say so, generally speaking your on a somewhat low power 12 year old integrated card, I'm not sure you can really get much better with modern GPU demands of up to date software. FWIW fedora will most likely also not have installed xf86-video-intel, or if so paired with the older i915 mesa driver that's found in mesa-amber
Offline
Alright, Thanks for the help.
Offline