You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-15 15:07:44

noob_max

HDMI of range error in SDDM in my second monitor

So I came back to arch linux recently after shifting to nixos, nixos is good but the freedom that comes using arch is really hits you in a different way

Well I installed arch after 3 try's successfully in the process i accidentally formatted my harddisk which has some games, this does not bother me much

I used arch install first 2 times and failed and i couldnot really understand why ?. later i found out i kept assigning wrong file system type for boot i.e i am giving ext4 instead of FAT32 for my boot partition and it kept rejecting it

After some frustration i went back old school and followed the instructions in arch wiki on how to install and had a smooth install process manually

after that i setup my hyprland along with sddm now here comes the problem, when i boot into arch in my dual boot system, when it comes to sddm greeter login screen my second monitor say "HDMI OUT of Range" and when i login using my laptop monitor where sddm works fine, when i log into hyprland again my second monitor works fine .

I tried to change the sddm configuration following the wiki but there is no change.

How do i fix it ? i want my monitor attached to my laptop also show sddm greeter screen instead of saying "HDMI OUT of Range" error.

#2 2024-07-16 10:48:18

Lone_Wolf
Administrator

Re: HDMI of range error in SDDM in my second monitor

Is sddm running on wayland or X ?

my dual boot system

What OS Is the other boot option starting ?

The content of files in /etc/sddm.conf.d/ would also help.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

#3 2024-07-17 18:26:28

noob_max

yes sddm is running on wayland, i am running hyprland installed arch using archinstall script, it installed bot sddm and hyprland.

#4 2024-07-18 08:10:51

Lone_Wolf
Administrator

sddm can run on something different then what is started by it, it can run on X and start a wayland compositor, the reverse is also true .

You state you are dual booting but haven't shared what other system is installed besides archlinux .

The content of files in /etc/sddm.conf.d/ would also help.

You haven't posted those yet.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Board footer