You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-08 22:30:59

punkrockguy318
Website

User Contribution -> Current/Extra?

What steps does a user PKGBUILD go through until it get's into the current/extra reps?  I've been told a few different things, I want to know what's right.  Is it  localmachine -> incoming -> TURs -> testing -> unstable -> extra?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-04-08 23:33:20

contrasutra

Re: User Contribution -> Current/Extra?

your machine --> Incoming --> Staging --> Extra

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#3 2004-04-09 00:32:36

punkrockguy318
Website

What role do TURs play?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#4 2004-04-09 10:13:00

Bobonov

In the beginning posting a pkg in incoming meant that dvelopers take it in chanrge and in case it is putted in extra or current.
But with the increasing number of people posting package, developers had problem to follow up on all the package and sometime it took ages before having it somewhere.

So TUR came out. It is a sort of pre-testing from "trusted user" of the pkg.
Basicaly TUR is an unofficial repository. Developer look at TUR list and decide what to insert oficialy in the distribution.
Package from TUR are to be considere 99.9% arch linux compliant.

Board footer