You are not logged in.

#51 2007-01-04 00:50:54

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Eh, that looks more like pypanel to me...

Offline

#52 2007-01-04 00:56:46

fk
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2006-04-29
Posts: 524

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Gullible Jones wrote:

Eh, that looks more like pypanel to me...

yes it's pypanel


Have you tried to turn it off and on again?

Offline

#53 2007-01-04 01:09:46

yankees26
Member
From: Connecticut, USA
Registered: 2006-09-29
Posts: 190

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

fk wrote:
Gullible Jones wrote:

Eh, that looks more like pypanel to me...

yes it's pypanel

Heh, guess I have gotten too used to my black pypanel without the icons and with buffers on the top and side tongue to notice other pypanels.

Offline

#54 2007-01-04 03:39:23

lyrae
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2006-08-03
Posts: 142

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

[URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnomezz0.jpg]gnomezz0.th.jpg[/URL]

I made a gtk and metacity theme. You can get it at http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45804371/. It is based on a popular Mire v2 suite for Windows.  I also made a fluxbox theme.
See below.

[URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fluxboxwj0.jpg]fluxboxwj0.th.jpg[/URL]
big_smile

Offline

#55 2007-01-04 10:58:25

Husio
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 2005-12-04
Posts: 359
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

screenshot0401yt4.th.jpg conky should be a little bit more dark...

Offline

#56 2007-01-04 23:00:51

jnengland77
Member
From: Black Hills, USA
Registered: 2005-05-06
Posts: 111

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

arox1 wrote:

Where can I get this Openbox theme?

You can get it here
I modified it slightly to include the grip, and handle area.  Here is a diff for reference or use.

Offline

#57 2007-01-04 23:48:07

TomE
Member
Registered: 2005-08-06
Posts: 164

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png

Offline

#58 2007-01-05 10:47:59

Howitzer
Member
From: Belgium (Antwerp)
Registered: 2006-09-29
Posts: 43
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

TomE wrote:

200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png

Are you using MenuX?
If so, did you get it working under Firefox 2.0?

Offline

#59 2007-01-05 13:38:54

z3ppelin
Member
Registered: 2006-07-10
Posts: 171

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

TomE wrote:

[URL=http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200701042153421152x864scg1.png]200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png[/URL]

where can I find that gtk theme ?

Offline

#60 2007-01-05 13:57:51

icrave
Member
Registered: 2006-04-11
Posts: 193

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

z3ppelin wrote:
TomE wrote:

[URL=http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200701042153421152x864scg1.png]200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png[/URL]

where can I find that gtk theme ?

It seems to be MurrinaVerdeOlivo.

Offline

#61 2007-01-05 14:18:39

z3ppelin
Member
Registered: 2006-07-10
Posts: 171

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

icrave wrote:
z3ppelin wrote:
TomE wrote:

[URL=http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200701042153421152x864scg1.png]200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png[/URL]

where can I find that gtk theme ?

It seems to be MurrinaVerdeOlivo.

I dont think so, MurrinaVerdeOlivo looks different. There's a name of that theme 'MurrinaEdge' but I can't find it anywhere.

Offline

#62 2007-01-05 14:55:17

SiD
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2006-09-21
Posts: 729

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

My KDE Desktop

clean:
[URL=http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bildschirmphoto2ni9.png]bildschirmphoto2ni9.th.png[/URL]

with transparent Konsole:
[URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bildschirmphoto3mi4.png]bildschirmphoto3mi4.th.png[/URL]

Offline

#63 2007-01-05 15:35:25

TomE
Member
Registered: 2005-08-06
Posts: 164

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

z3ppelin wrote:
icrave wrote:
z3ppelin wrote:
TomE wrote:

[URL=http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200701042153421152x864scg1.png]200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png[/URL]

where can I find that gtk theme ?

It seems to be MurrinaVerdeOlivo.

I dont think so, MurrinaVerdeOlivo looks different. There's a name of that theme 'MurrinaEdge' but I can't find it anywhere.

You won't it's my own theme you can grab it here

@Howitzer: its not firefox its epiphany using this extension. But on my firefox profile I'm using Tiny menu that works with firefox2.0
I've been using epiphany for some time but don't like the it handles smartbookmarks you cant do "g foo" to search google you have to press down 80 times or use the mouse :evil:

Offline

#64 2007-01-05 17:19:46

Crooksey
Member
From: UK ~
Registered: 2006-08-14
Posts: 415
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

lyrae wrote:

[URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnomezz0.jpg]gnomezz0.th.jpg[/URL]

I made a gtk and metacity theme. You can get it at http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45804371/. It is based on a popular Mire v2 suite for Windows.  I also made a fluxbox theme.
See below.

[URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fluxboxwj0.jpg]fluxboxwj0.th.jpg[/URL]
big_smile

Thats the nicest fluxbox desktop i have ever seen, could you share your conky settings for the top panel, and also the name of the launcher at the bottom of your fluxbox desktop.

Oh and the fluxbox theme download link, oh and the Xdefaults and bashrc of your terminal.

Thanks big_smile:D:D


Arch Linux since 2006
Python Web Developer + Sys Admin (Gentoo/BSD)

Offline

#65 2007-01-05 19:18:37

bangkok_manouel
Member
From: indicates a starting point
Registered: 2005-02-07
Posts: 1,554

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

XFCE Desktop

unclean
screeniefq2.th.png

undirty
screenie2fp8.th.png

cheers


All design goals must be phrased in such a way that it is hard to use them as slogans to justify stupidity.

Offline

#66 2007-01-05 22:27:46

mutze13
Member
From: germany
Registered: 2006-05-06
Posts: 107

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

TomE wrote:
z3ppelin wrote:
icrave wrote:
z3ppelin wrote:
TomE wrote:

[URL=http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200701042153421152x864scg1.png]200701042153421152x864scg1.th.png[/URL]

where can I find that gtk theme ?

It seems to be MurrinaVerdeOlivo.

I dont think so, MurrinaVerdeOlivo looks different. There's a name of that theme 'MurrinaEdge' but I can't find it anywhere.

You won't it's my own theme you can grab it here...

Nice desk and theme. I will give it a try soon...

Here is my first screenshot for this year

[url=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46033990/]fvwm-050107-thumb.png
click[/url]

wallpaper:flightplan
gtk-theme: not released
icons: from N.UN-Suite

Offline

#67 2007-01-05 23:28:38

lyrae
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2006-08-03
Posts: 142

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Crooksey wrote:
lyrae wrote:

[URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnomezz0.jpg]gnomezz0.th.jpg[/URL]

I made a gtk and metacity theme. You can get it at http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45804371/. It is based on a popular Mire v2 suite for Windows.  I also made a fluxbox theme.
See below.

[URL=http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fluxboxwj0.jpg]fluxboxwj0.th.jpg[/URL]
big_smile

Thats the nicest fluxbox desktop i have ever seen, could you share your conky settings for the top panel, and also the name of the launcher at the bottom of your fluxbox desktop.

Oh and the fluxbox theme download link, oh and the Xdefaults and bashrc of your terminal.

Thanks big_smile:D:D

Ok Crooksey, here they are.
conkyrc
bashrc
Xdefaults
fluxbox

If you want a gmail setting instead of a normal one, get it from harlekin
You will need a conky-updates.pl also from harlekin too.
The launcher is called bbdock.

big_smile

Offline

#68 2007-01-06 08:18:53

penguinstarship
Member
Registered: 2006-10-10
Posts: 52

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

[URL=http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gkrellshoot010607030534hy2.jpg]gkrellshoot010607030534hy2.th.jpg[/URL]


This is my first submission, the black on the bottom right is due to two different screen resolutions with my dual monitor set up. big_smile

Offline

#69 2007-01-06 09:55:42

Ber
Member
From: Belgium
Registered: 2006-07-05
Posts: 80
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Here are mine :

DE : Enlightenment DR 17 with "Bling" module activated

Wallpapers : art.archlinux.org and "eye wallpaper" found somewhere I don't remember...

screen-thumb.jpg

screen2-thumb.jpg

EDIT : by the way, first post so "hello everyone"


V=RI sweet V=RI

Offline

#70 2007-01-06 10:58:27

Basu
Member
From: Cornell University
Registered: 2006-12-15
Posts: 292
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

What are using to get those transparencies?


The Bytebaker -- Computer science is not a science and it's not about computers
Check out my open source software at Github

Offline

#71 2007-01-06 11:21:58

STiAT
Member
From: Vienna, Austria
Registered: 2004-12-23
Posts: 603

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

mutze13 wrote:

Nice desk and theme. I will give it a try soon...

Here is my first screenshot for this year

[url=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46033990/]fvwm-050107-thumb.png
click[/url]

wallpaper:flightplan
gtk-theme: not released
icons: from N.UN-Suite


My god, i couldn't work with this, looks like chaos of lines in light brown and darker brown smile


Ability is nothing without opportunity.

Offline

#72 2007-01-06 12:09:32

Ber
Member
From: Belgium
Registered: 2006-07-05
Posts: 80
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Basu wrote:

What are using to get those transparencies?

It's the Bling module (incorporated).  I'm not sure but I think AIGLX has to be activated in your xorg.conf to have transparency working.


V=RI sweet V=RI

Offline

#73 2007-01-06 12:32:28

AlexW
Member
Registered: 2007-01-03
Posts: 20

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Simple KDE desktop, panels are normally hidden (wallpaper is my own).

[URL=http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot1kg8.jpg]snapshot1kg8.th.jpg[/URL]

After reading a thread on these forums a few days ago I decided to try and clean up the desktop and put things on panels in the corners to try and improve workflow... sort of works.

Thinking of trying a *box again or maybe fvwm somewhen soon.

Offline

#74 2007-01-06 12:49:57

Basu
Member
From: Cornell University
Registered: 2006-12-15
Posts: 292
Website

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

AlexW wrote:

Thinking of trying a *box again or maybe fvwm somewhen soon.

Don't even think of FVWM unless you have a few days worth of free time. Configuration can be extremely addictive


The Bytebaker -- Computer science is not a science and it's not about computers
Check out my open source software at Github

Offline

#75 2007-01-06 13:22:22

AlexW
Member
Registered: 2007-01-03
Posts: 20

Re: January 2007 Screenshots

Basu wrote:

Don't even think of FVWM unless you have a few days worth of free time. Configuration can be extremely addictive

Thanks, I'll take that into account. I'm very much lured by the sheer configurability of it smile

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB