You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-04 13:09:02

spookykid

Decent Clipboard Manager

Hi all, have you seen this clipboard manager?

http://data-manager.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

There is no knowledge that is not power!

#2 2007-01-04 13:21:24

FUBAR
Website

Re: Decent Clipboard Manager

This thing can actually copy/paste more than just text? Maybe it's a worthy replacement for glipper. I hope it doesn't have too many deps. On the other hand, who cares. big_smile

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2007-01-04 15:02:50

spookykid

Yes it can. And besides that it allows you to take a screen shot from your screen, may it be full screen or from a region and save that to a file or to the clipboard. This should be DEFAULT in GNOME or at least should be available on some repo for use with archlinux.  wink

There is no knowledge that is not power!

#4 2007-01-04 18:54:35

Romashka
Forum Fellow

spookykid wrote:

Yes it can. And besides that it allows you to take a screen shot from your screen, may it be full screen or from a region and save that to a file or to the clipboard. This should be DEFAULT in GNOME or at least should be available on some repo for use with archlinux.  wink

Damn. /me was going to download sources and prepare for pkgbuilding&makepkging, but figured that it "depends on Mono and gtk-sharp" sad
"but beginning with GNOME 2.16 these packages are already included in GNOME" hah! not in mine!

to live is to die

#5 2007-01-04 19:19:20

einKI

Hi

I hope it doesn't have too many deps.

It depends (excluding libc6)  only on mono and the gnome tools for mono which both are by default included in gnome in 2.16 and later.

by

#6 2007-01-04 19:41:28

Romashka
Forum Fellow

einKI wrote:

I hope it doesn't have too many deps.

It depends (excluding libc6)  only on mono and the gnome tools for mono which both are by default included in gnome in 2.16 and later.

By default where?
They are not essential parts anyway. Mono is like older Visual Basic Runtime or .NET framework on Windows - just stupid big dependency.
And pacman -S gnome gnome-extra doesn't install mono in Arch, so it's "included by default" somewhere else.

to live is to die

#7 2007-01-05 12:32:19

einKI

Romashka wrote:

By default where?
They are not essential parts anyway. Mono is like older Visual Basic Runtime or .NET framework on Windows - just stupid big dependency.
And pacman -S gnome gnome-extra doesn't install mono in Arch, so it's "included by default" somewhere else.

"GNOME 2.16 now offers bindings to GTK+ and GNOME libraries for fans of the C# (C sharp) programming language. This also means that the development framework Mono is a dependency of the GNOME bindings."

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.16/notes/en/rnbackend.html

It's the same framework that for example tomboy and beagle are using.

I have to admit I am not an expert with Arch Linux but if it's not in gnome
by default the following packages should be sufficient.
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/3348/
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/12018/

by

#8 2007-01-05 12:54:12

Romashka
Forum Fellow

einKI wrote:

"GNOME 2.16 now offers bindings to GTK+ and GNOME libraries for fans of the C# (C sharp) programming language. This also means that the development framework Mono is a dependency of the GNOME bindings."

I know what Gnome devs decided. My question was rhetorical. smile

einKI wrote:

It's the same framework that for example tomboy and beagle are using.

That's why I don't use them  tongue
Of course, it's not a problem to install mono stuff.
And by saying this:

Romashka wrote:

"Damn. /me was going to download sources and prepare for pkgbuilding&makepkging, but figured that it "depends on Mono and gtk-sharp" 
"but beginning with GNOME 2.16 these packages are already included in GNOME" hah! not in mine!

I didn't mean "oh, crap, I don't have mono, how can I use this?" smile
I just doesn't like those C#/Mono-apps, so my words were just expression of sadeness and dislike.

BTW, http://www.figuiere.net/hub/blog/?2006/ … omboy-to-c

to live is to die

#9 2007-01-05 14:57:12

dolby

i dont see anything wrong with using the gnome-clipboard-daemon which is in aur.
in fact its the most decent one i know

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#10 2007-01-05 15:06:05

Romashka
Forum Fellow

dolby wrote:

i dont see anything wrong with using the gnome-clipboard-daemon which is in aur.
in fact its the most decent one i know

Despide its name, it doesn't require any Gnome library, and even doesn't have a GUI (though depends on gtk2).
What features does it have?
If it does only what's said on its main page then I find it useless because clipboard contents is preserved when app is closed (at least in the last few Gnome versions I've tried).

to live is to die

#11 2007-01-05 15:48:29

dolby

Romashka wrote:

Despide its name, it doesn't require any Gnome library, and even doesn't have a GUI (though depends on gtk2).
What features does it have?
If it does only what's said on its main page then I find it useless because clipboard contents is preserved when app is closed (at least in the last few Gnome versions I've tried).

thats 100% correct the only freature it has is preserving the clipboard contents when app is closed. its a daemon.--> no gui no deps. as simple as that u can run it even without having gnome.. thats the main difference..:)

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#12 2007-01-05 15:55:36

Romashka
Forum Fellow

dolby wrote:

thats 100% correct the only freature it has is preserving the clipboard contents when app is closed. its a daemon.--> no gui no deps. as simple as that u can run it even without having gnome.. thats the main difference..:)

Ah, that's the true "unix way".
+1!  big_smile

to live is to die

Board footer