You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-06 14:58:48

William Koch
Website

HP Pavillion 6120BR

I bought a notebook recently, I want to use arch on it, but my first problem is that I can´t make the network work.

I installed Suse 10.2 (Test only) and it worked quite well, I could not browse the internet, but i was able to browse my adsl modem config pannel (10.1.1.1).

I tried DHCP and it doesn´t work.

In windows, I was using these configs:
IP 10.1.1.6
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway: 10.1.1.1
DNS: 10.1.1.1
And I was able to access internet, and my local network.

I tried to configure arch, but I can´t. I tried pinging the modem and the other computers in the network, the ping results are good, but ping gives the same results even when I remove the cable.  lol 

My network cad is a NFORCE, and I have put forcedeth in modules in rc.conf already.

I printed all system information from windows in a PDF file, so that I have all the information about the hardware.

I tried some things, I read a lot here in the forum and in the wiki, but could not make it work.

I have a PC that I was using with arch, and there I only could browse internet using DHCP, tried using static IP but doesn´t work. Now that computer is using windows, but I will reinstall arch, and try to config network again on it.

#2 2007-01-07 15:51:49

William Koch
Website

Re: HP Pavillion 6120BR

I have configured static ip correctly, and now the internet is working, I have only base installed. But I am worried, because arch is crashing.

Later I will install xfce4 and some more things and will see if there is something wrong making arch crash or what is the problem.

Board footer