You are not logged in.

#1 Today 16:57:44

bluwatch

cannot setup nextcloud with a different data directory

Hi, this is my first topic, so I apologize if I do something incorrectly. Please tell me if I do.

I setup nextcloud successfully according to the wikipage, but I forgot to set the data directory to my second drive. No matter what I tried to change the dir, even reinstalling did not help, I cannot set the data directory anywhere else besides "/var/lib/nextcloud/data".

When reinstalling and specifying a different data dir in "occ maintenance:install" the command fails and outputs:

Cannot create or write into the data directory /var/opt/nextcloud/data

When trying to change the dir after a successful installtion in the nextcloud config, nextcloud just complains that there is no ".ocdata" file eventhough there is.

I also checked if it is a permissions problem, and made sure that nextcloud user has the correct permissions and at the end even every user has full access, but this did not solve the problem.
I read through many forums and for other distros or the docker and snap variant it seems to work flawlessly, but the newest post i found was already about 1 year old, so I'm not sure if it is an arch specific issue.

Nextcloud now follows the web application package guidlines and thus the persistant storage should be in "/var/lib/nextcloud", but I am not sure if this is a must.

I am not sure if I did a stupid mistake or if this is a bug or intentional and enforced because of the web application package guidlines.
Can anyone help me here I don't know how to continue here.

Board footer