You are not logged in.

#76 2004-04-04 05:11:28

LavaPunk

Re: unreal tournament - arch team

I finally got ut2k4 and have been playing through the single player.  I keep experiencing crashes.  I was wondering if anyone else has been?  They're either segmentation faults or insertion errors and happen randomly.  I've played it in fluxbox and as the default WM (or whatever you call it when you use the startx command to start it...)  but still randomly crash.  Very annoying when playing a campionship game and crash prior to winning, especially because it steals my cash sad

Was just wondering if anyone had experienced it... and I'm hoping to come play with you guys sometime soon too!

#77 2004-04-05 15:14:27

im_ka

it happened to me a few times too  :?

#78 2004-04-05 20:57:37

aCoder
Website

Lucky, I haven't even got it running on LInux yet.  As soon as I go get an nice nVidia card, I can finally get rid of Windows entirely.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#79 2004-04-06 03:42:44

whol

How do I install this game?

I have the 6 cd version.  I did something like this:

su
mount /dev/cdroms0 /mnt/dvd
cd /mnt/dvd
./linux-installer.sh

then entered the serial number, it asks for CD2, but the drive is "busy".  I know someone posted some notes here, but i cant find them yet.

thx

#80 2004-04-06 04:24:40

whol

I installed following thse instructions:

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfs … rticleid=1

an instense game, and ive only been playing single player!

#81 2004-04-06 16:18:58

wakeupbomb

maybe you shouldn't cd to the directory to install it? Means you may have problems unmounting the cd
so run this instead
/mnt/dvd/linux-installer.sh

I think...

#82 2004-04-06 16:24:06

aCoder
Website

That worked for me, and the CD was mounted and unmounted for me by the installer.  I ran it with sudo too, if that makes a difference.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#83 2004-04-08 17:11:09

tmadhavan

I'm having random crashes too.

Just got the DVD version this morning, been running fine except for random 'SIGSEGV' segmentation faults.

Anyone getting anywhere with this? It's not common, but enough to ruin a good game online sad

Anyone have any log files? I can't seem to find mine, although it says they've been written.

Thom

#84 2004-04-10 00:50:17

aCoder
Website

Yes!  I got my geForce FX 5200 today, and ut2004 works!  This also means my box is now Window$ free!

Well, mine didn't crash at all when I used all the lowest settings, but that ran terrible and looked worse, so I set all the video settings up on High and Highest, depending on how high it went, and it runs great like that, but every once in a while, it would crash.  Checked the logs, nothing.  It just notes an error, and says it had to exit.  I was really bored, so I changed my settings over and over and over, and when all my settings were on thier highest, but Dynamic (Something) LOD was just on high, it didn't crash in the time it normally would of had I had it on highest.  I hope that helps someone, but it's OK if it doesn't, since I can always just forget it ever happened, and play ut2004, which I hadn't played because it was on Windows, which I never booted into, since it doesn't support my Audigy 2 without the driver disc, which I lost a year ago.

- John Cage

#85 2004-04-11 06:44:13

fuse

LavaPunk wrote:

I finally got ut2k4 and have been playing through the single player.  I keep experiencing crashes.  I was wondering if anyone else has been?  They're either segmentation faults or insertion errors and happen randomly.  I've played it in fluxbox and as the default WM (or whatever you call it when you use the startx command to start it...)  but still randomly crash.  Very annoying when playing a campionship game and crash prior to winning, especially because it steals my cash sad

Was just wondering if anyone had experienced it... and I'm hoping to come play with you guys sometime soon too!

It has a few bugs, sad they are known bugs though so hopefully a patch soon. There are some test patches for the retail version (they dont help) on icculus.org if you search through the bug reports.

#86 2004-04-12 10:07:56

tpowa
Developer

if you experience bugs look at
http://icculus.org/~icculus/tmp
there are some patches for the retail version
i got some really bad hangs (complete crash) with the game
but this was the cause of my power supply
i changed now everything works fine

#87 2004-04-12 16:17:26

im_ka

tpowa wrote:

if you experience bugs look at
http://icculus.org/~icculus/tmp
there are some patches for the retail version
i got some really bad hangs (complete crash) with the game
but this was the cause of my power supply
i changed now everything works fine

what exactly should i download if i have those random crashes (segmentation fault)?

#88 2004-04-13 06:48:31

tpowa
Developer

http://icculus.org/~icculus/tmp/ut2004- … 86.tar.bz2
"it's the latest and greatest" icculus
try it make a backup of your old files

#89 2004-04-22 17:13:32

im_ka

the thread is going down  :evil:

i haven't been playing much lately. i got an exam on saturday, plus it's spring time and i like to spend my time outdoors  8)

but we should definetly arrange some match  :!:

Board footer