You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-09 17:54:54

firewalker

Compile a program in C from Win to Linux

I have this program witch is written in C. According to the programs site It has been created with the help of the tool called WxWidgets for the user interface. It says also that it is able to compile it for Linux. The makefile is for windows. I tried to compile it but my limited knowledge in C didn't help me... Can anyone to compile it for Linux? Or just to Create a proper make file.

The site's url:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avrdude-gui/

Thanks in advance.

Γίνε ρεαλιστής, μείνε ονειροπόλος ...

#2 2007-01-10 00:31:05

noriko
Website

Re: Compile a program in C from Win to Linux

where does it say it will compile on windows? mayeb there is more info buried somewhere...
i am away that the console prov http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avrdude, to which this is  a frontend runs on linux, ... i checked out the makefile, for windows it seems to depend directly on dev-cpp, last time i checked that wasn't very cross platform ... so dunno if it is in fact possible to compile it on linux without modification t the source ... u nevr know i guess

The.Revolution.Is.Coming - - To fight, To hunger, To Resist!

#3 2007-01-10 06:30:09

gradgrind

I also had a quick look. It hasn't been updated for > 2 years, so it looks like the developer might have lost interest before he got round to porting it to linux. And the wxwidgets API has changed a bit in that time, so it might not be easy to get it going even with a linux makefile. I would suggest contacting the developer (it looks like he might be still active on the avrdude project).

#4 2007-01-10 14:46:00

firewalker

Ok guys. Thanks you very much for your time.

Γίνε ρεαλιστής, μείνε ονειροπόλος ...

Board footer