You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-08 19:35:21

fishonadish

Gnome volume up/down set to wrong channel

Hi,

My gnome volume applet is set to affect the PCM channel, but when I use the volume keys on my keyboard they change 'Front'.  I set the keys with 'Keyboard Shortcuts', which lets you set only volume up/volume down, but not what that refers to.
Anyone know where Gnome is getting its chosen default from?
I only noticed this in the last few days, so presumably it was effected by a recent update...

Thanks,
Fishonadish

#2 2007-01-11 12:47:51

fishonadish

Re: Gnome volume up/down set to wrong channel

Since I couldn't find a solution to this I've just switched to using 'Front' as my main volume, since it seems to function just as well as such.

Still, I can't discern what changed this, or where gnome decides what the main device defined by 'volume up/down' etc. should be.
For future reference, does anyone know where this is set? Is it defined by alsa settings, or within gnome itself?

Thanks.
Fishonadish

#3 2007-01-11 14:22:28

daedalusman

Re: Gnome volume up/down set to wrong channel

This was actually reported as a bug quite a while ago, I don't have the bug link at the hand. I do know that in the latest development release of gnome it has be fixed and there is now a way to configure what channel the volume keys control. So you just have to wait for gnome2.18 for this. Also I think the recent update with the keyboard driver from xorg has changed some things as well. I noticed that my volume keys no longer do anything under gnome with the latest xorg updates. They are recognized and I can configure them, in the same way I use to, but they don't change the volume at all. I may have to revert back to an older driver version.

Board footer