You are not logged in.

#1 2003-02-14 14:39:22

jon

System Wide Cipboard

How do i get a system wide clipboard?? I am using Fluxbox. most of my apps are GTK(2) but not all. The main apps i am using are Mozilla; Abiword; Nedit; Gimp; gftp; rox; and aterm.

Is this already there and i dont know it??

thanks lots and lots,
jon

#2 2003-02-14 14:55:43

Rouslan

Re: System Wide Cipboard

If you want to copy and paste text: select the text you need with your left button and press with your middle button (or left and right at the same time, or wheel) where you want to paste it. Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V work in some apps, too. Dunno anything about pictures - didn't have any time to play around with it smile

Rouslan

#3 2003-02-15 04:04:08

elanthis
Website

If you have any apps that aren't cutting/pasting to each other, it's a bug in (one of) those applications.  The X clipboard is already "system" wide (or, more accurately, session-wide for that X server).

There may be issues when pasting between various formats (i.e., from a web-browser to a text-only interface, like a terminal), because of the way the apps have to transfer the data around (the web browser has to render a text-only version of the HTML for the clipbaord, which can be problematic at best).

What?

#4 2004-03-28 19:19:42

galen
Website

I've used gclipper
and made a package of it for peanut and vector
http://www.flightsimhq.org/pub/linux/ve … _1vl32.tgz

but have not tried it for arch yet..
pity none of the clipboards retain their content on reboot..
so there is certainly a lack of tux apps for this purpose...
there is always knotes . . kde shudder  roll

Off to using Peanut and Slackware, no hard feelings but I need my CD to burn, PDA and scanner to connect and arch won't do it.

[img]http://www.flightsimhq.org/images/war-is-bushit_s.jpg[/img]

Board footer