You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-23 21:59:19

qlus

problem with installing xfce4-goodies

I have romooved old xfce and old goodie. Than pacman -Sy xfce4, no problem. But after pacman -S xfce4-goodies I've received

Total Package Size:   22.8 MB

Proceed with upgrade? [Y/n] y

checking package integrity... done.
loading package data... done.
checking for file conflicts... 
error: the following file conflicts were found:
  xfce4-showdesktop-plugin: /opt/xfce4/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/libshowdesktop.so: exists in filesystem

I've mooved this file, made the update, and overwrite the new one with the version from xfce4 package. It works smile

#2 2007-01-24 16:18:42

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: problem with installing xfce4-goodies

Yeah, I think xfce4-showdesktop-plugin is an old package that needs to be removed from the repos.. xfce4-panel seems to contain that plugin now.

-=edit=-  xfce4-panel does replace xfce4-showdesktop-plugin, as it should, but for some reason xfce4-showdesktop-plugin isn't removed from the repos... hm.

#3 2007-01-24 20:53:15

elasticdog
Website

Cerebral wrote:

Yeah, I think xfce4-showdesktop-plugin is an old package that needs to be removed from the repos.. xfce4-panel seems to contain that plugin now.

That is correct...the showdesktop stuff has been absorbed by the panel package.  The other one does not work properly and should be removed.

#4 2007-01-24 21:06:09

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

elasticdog wrote:

That is correct...the showdesktop stuff has been absorbed by the panel package.  The other one does not work properly and should be removed.

That's what I figured, it just took me a little prodding to remember how to remove packages - this has been done now.  When the repos sync, xfce4-showdesktop-plugin will be gone.

Board footer