You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-25 16:11:11

broch
Banned

IP-Config: no devices to configure

just wonder what this is and how can I configure devices?
during boot system waits few seconds after
:: Initramfs Completed - control passing to kinit

evidently trying to find config files or checking config files before it prints:

How and where can I configure IP-Config?

#2 2007-01-25 16:53:14

STiAT

Re: IP-Config: no devices to configure

Hello,

This warning isn't bad at all. I get this on my notebook as well, it just means that the time you boot you don't have devices configured for ipconfig. The modules for your hardware can be loaded lateron as well.

If you want to configure your network device, it would be nice to know which network card you actually want to use (often the lspci command as root in a console helps).

After this, you can load the modules you need. Sometimes you'll need to download modules to get your card running (ipw cards, madwifi, mostly wireless ones).

Kind regards,
Georg

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#3 2007-01-25 21:29:23

broch
Banned

thanks for your reply.
I don't have problems with my network devices (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG and Intel PRO/100 VE). All works fine. From your post I understand that, I would have to build network devices into kernel instead building modules to avoid error (benign)?

#4 2007-01-25 22:59:25

kozaki
Website

Just had that on my laptop that couldn't boot arch after I
a) updated to latest kernel, and
b) installed an ERP which is a Debian based OS (with Debian's Grub detect other OS) on top of Windoz, Arch & Fedora. Dunno which action caused I cannot boot any more.

So I chrooted in arch and launched grub-install --recheck /dev/hda, which took a looong time and gave my usual grub back.

Now Arch won't boot but there's no more that message, so it must be another (udev related i guess) issue.

Seeded last month: Arch 50 gig, derivatives 1 gig
Desktop @3.3GHz 8 gig RAM, linux-ck
laptop #1 Atom 2 gig RAM, Arch linux stock i686 (6H w/ 6yrs old battery smile) #2: ARM Tegra K1, 4 gig RAM, ChrOS
Atom Z520 2 gig RAM, OMV (Debian 7) kernel 3.16 bpo on SDHC | PGP Key: 0xFF0157D9

Board footer