You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-14 01:48:06

aCoder
Website

World of Warcraft on Linux Online Petition!

They had 380 sigs when I signed, and they have 600+ now, just a day later!

I'm not sure that I'd buy WoW on Linux, just because there's a monthly fee involved, but Linux was on the list of OSes in thier beta apps, although I don't know anyone who's been accepted using Linux, and questions about thier Linux plans have attracted some attention, as they've been added to thier FAQs, but all they really respond with is an 'I'm not sure', so of all the online petitions right now, I think this is the most likely to suceed, and Blizzard supporting Linux would be great.

http://blizzpub.net/petition

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#2 2004-04-14 02:13:22

normnmiles

Re: World of Warcraft on Linux Online Petition!

I don't see WOW being released on Linux.  Though this is certainly a step in the right direction with the mention of linux in their FAQs and gaining user support.  It gives me some hope that a future title will be released on linux.

I would certainly support any Blizzard title that gets released on linux.

#3 2004-04-14 02:35:00

wakeupbomb

I just want native Warcraft III
but yeah WOW for Linux would be great, but as per usual there will prob be a linux server but no client to play the game

#4 2004-04-15 00:07:59

aCoder
Website

That's pretty much what I've been thinking too.  I really don't care about WoW, but a sucessful petition could persuade them to port future titles, or maybe even a new Warcraft:  Battle Chest for Linux!

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

Board footer