You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-28 04:07:45

ravisghosh
Website

Small things that xfce does not do...

Hi friends,

xfce is nice and light. but a few things that i found annyoing in xfce are as folllows:
1. there is no quick browser like we have in kde which allows to go to any file or folder from xfce popup menu. Does anybody know about a work around to put some plugin, etc.
2. In xfce menu, you cannot use initial letters to navigate like in kde. for example, to go to "network" in xfce-menu, you cannot just press "n" and reach there, you gotta press up or down keys to navigate.
3. Is there a way to activate the plugins in the panel like xfce-notes-plugin, xfce-mount-plugin, and apps from system tray, gaim, opera, etc,

#2 2007-01-29 00:38:35

byte

Re: Small things that xfce does not do...

For 1) try installing verve-plugin, that's way better than the Alt-F2 run menu.

#3 2007-01-29 07:26:33

ravisghosh
Website

verve is nice. I found no reference of it in the forum or wiki. Hence, here is the link which might help someone else. http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel- … rve-plugin

However, it still does not solve the purpose. the idea is to brose thrugh menu and open any file/folder u wish. In case of verve, you need to know the exact path and where exactly the file resides.

Meanwhile, i just installed fvwm-crystal and tried. its awesome, but configuring the keys, etc., seems to be toug task.

#4 2007-01-29 09:50:16

Basu
Website

FVWM offers you configurability beyond your dreams, if you are brave enough to master it's configuration syntax and have a few hundred hours of free time to spare.

The Bytebaker -- Computer science is not a science and it's not about computers
Check out my open source software at Github

#5 2007-01-30 05:37:02

ravisghosh
Website

you are probably more than correct on the last line @basu

Board footer