You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-30 19:48:02

RaisedFist
Website

Big, unpleasant surprise! Wireless keyboard comes in...

After some years using Debian, Slack, Gentoo and recently (1 year) Ubuntu, I just want to make a switch. After hearing very good things about Arch I wanted to give it a try.... But it seems it doesn't want!
Why?
Because it doesn't know about USB wireless keyboards (or is it just mine?). I have a Logitech cordless keyboard and never had problems with installing all the above mentioned distros. Why is it happening with Arch?

I boot the CD, it loads the first part and asks me to press ENTER or type arch and then press ENTER. This is the part where the keyboard works... After loading the kernel and I'm prompted with a shell, NO KEYBOARD!!! This is really annoying.

Is there any way to install this nice distro with my usb cordless keyboard? Or should I go buy the cheapest PS/2 keyboard in town?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by RaisedFist (2007-01-30 20:04:02)

#2 2007-01-30 20:05:30

Lone_Wolf

Re: Big, unpleasant surprise! Wireless keyboard comes in...

Usb devices (keyboards/cd/dvd) are not detected correctly by pre-0.8 install cd's. (they should work fine after the first boot from hd).

Beta versions of the improved 0.8 install cd can be found here :
i686:         ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/0.8/i686
x86_64:    ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/0.8/x86_64

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2007-01-30 20:24:05

RaisedFist
Website

Re: Big, unpleasant surprise! Wireless keyboard comes in...

So this is the best solution right now? I was planning on buying a cheap PS/2 keyboard. I'm really crazy, if you ask big_smile

Board footer