You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-01 00:23:53

karmapolice

Help installing compiz

Well this is the only problem left I have with Arch.

I'm using fglrx drivers, xgl and compiz from danimoth repository. The install process went fine but I just can't get compiz to run on XGL following the wiki http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xgl.

I've tried both methods but in the first nothing happens and I just have a normal gnome session. With the second method I get a message that my session last less than 10 seconds and some errors:

/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/opt/gnome/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "kp"
/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/Xsession: ssh-agent not found!
/opt/gnome/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

Maybe I'm missing something?

BTW If I open gnome-terminal then su root and type startxgl then a nice little window appears in my desktop with another session and xgl+compiz running inside, the image:
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1872 … hotxm4.png

#2 2007-02-01 00:36:55

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Help installing compiz

ssh-agent is part of openssh. Do you have installed openssh?

#3 2007-02-01 00:59:27

karmapolice

I installed it but still the error about my session and less than ten seconds but now I get a

Fatal error:
Could not create server lock file: /tmp/.X1-lock

EDIT:
I deleted the file and restarted my computer and now xgl starts because I get the ugly grid background but then again an error appears:

Xlib connection to localhost:1.0 refused by server
Xlib no protocol specified

Last edited by karmapolice (2007-02-01 01:12:24)

#4 2007-02-01 01:31:19

karmapolice

well finally it is running and I just have to figure how to activate/deactivate plugins, edit settings, etc. It's been a while since I used compiz because I usually installed beryl on ubuntu but I want to try it again big_smile

Board footer