You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-04 23:52:28

Master One

KDE & GNU Image Finding Tool ???

Checking settings with the KDE contol center, I see under System Administration -> Picture Index, that the GNU Image Finding Tool is missing, and this "gift" is neither available in the repos, nor in AUR.

Not that I know, what this Picture Index is all about (never bothered to investigate), but at least I didn't get an error message there, when using other distributions, which means, Arch is the only distro by now, which has this "gift" not available, although it should be part of a KDE installation.

Anybody any idea?

BTW The other strange thing I discovered today is, that "htdig" is missing as well, which is needed to create the KDE document index (see this thread). Are these functions of KDE deprecated?

#2 2007-02-05 00:33:14

funkyou
Website

Re: KDE & GNU Image Finding Tool ???

Hm, i dont have that entry... Maybe you have something like KPhotoAlbum installed that gives you this option in Kcontrol? For my knowlegde its not a part of KDE...

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#3 2007-02-05 07:24:40

Master One

Re: KDE & GNU Image Finding Tool ???

I'm actually trying out the monolithic KDE from Arch repos (did a new installation to check on some issues), and as far as I remember, that "Picture Index" menu has been in KDE forever, so it definitely belongs to KDE (I also did not really install anything else by now, I just did a completely new installation of the Arch base + xorg + KDE), but it's the very first time, that it tells me, that this "gift" package is missing, and its nowhere to be found. I never understood, what this "Picture Index" is supposed to do, and maybe it is deprecated, but nevertheless, I am curious, why it is still part of KDE, and missing in the Arch repos / AUR.

Board footer