You are not logged in.

#1 2003-02-16 19:21:53

sinister

mozilla build fails.

Ok.. i have no clue whether i even did this right so bear with me.. I wanted to build mozilla with xft support.. so i simply changed my mozconfig file to look like this: (note the line i added in bold)

ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="#CFLAGS#"
ac_add_options --enable-xft
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-logging
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-toolkit-gtk
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-xlib
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-qt
ac_add_options --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/opt/mozilla

I then proceeded to attempt to build.. and after quite some time.. received the msg below.. I'm not a pro at this.. so i could've done it all wrong but i'm trying.. help?! I just want an xft or gtk2 mozilla build on arch..  below is my error msg:

c++ -o nsGfxFactoryGTK.o -c -DNATIVE_THEME_SUPPORT -DOSTYPE="Linux2.4" -DOSARCH="L
inux" -DOJI -D_BSD_SOURCE -DUSE_POSTSCRIPT -DUSE_XPRINT -DUSE_MOZILLA_TYPES -DMOZ_EN
ABLE_FREETYPE2 -I./. -I./.. -I./../shared -I./../x11shared  -I../../../dist/include/x
pcom -I../../../dist/include/string -I../../../dist/include/widget -I../../../dist/in
clude/view -I../../../dist/include/util -I../../../dist/include/pref -I../../../dist/
include/uconv -I../../../dist/include/unicharutil -I../../../dist/include/locale -I..
/../../dist/include/necko -I../../../dist/include/content -I../../../dist/include/lay
out -I../../../dist/include/imglib2 -I../../../dist/include/gfx -I../../../dist/inclu
de -I/usr/abs/network/mozilla/src/mozilla/dist/include/nspr      -I/usr/X11R6/include
/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -fPIC  -I/usr/X11R6/include -fno-rtti -fno-exceptio
ns -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-
ctor-dtor-privacy -pedantic -Wno-long-long -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fshort-wchar -pthre
ad -pipe  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -I/usr/include/Xft2 -I/usr/include
/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/u
sr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -inc
lude ../../../mozilla-config.h -Wp,-MD,.deps/nsGfxFactoryGTK.pp nsGfxFactoryGTK.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/gtk-1.2/gdk/gdktypes.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-1.2/gdk/gdk.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtk.h:31,
                 from nsDrawingSurfaceGTK.h:48,
                 from nsRenderingContextGTK.h:55,
                 from nsGfxFactoryGTK.cpp:47:
/usr/include/glib-1.2/glib.h:1308:23: warning: ISO C does not permit named variadic m
acros
/usr/include/glib-1.2/glib.h:1311:25: warning: ISO C does not permit named variadic m
acros
/usr/include/glib-1.2/glib.h:1314:26: warning: ISO C does not permit named variadic m
acros
/usr/include/glib-1.2/glib.h:1317:25: warning: ISO C does not permit named variadic m
acros
In file included from nsGfxFactoryGTK.cpp:65:
nsFontMetricsXft.h:248: syntax error before `*' token
make[5]: *** [nsGfxFactoryGTK.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/network/mozilla/src/mozilla/gfx/src/gtk'
make[4]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/network/mozilla/src/mozilla/gfx/src'
make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/network/mozilla/src/mozilla/gfx'
make[2]: *** [tier_9] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/network/mozilla/src/mozilla'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/abs/network/mozilla/src/mozilla'
make: *** [build] Error 2
==> Build Failed. Aborting...

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...  "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and drools.

#2 2003-02-17 07:46:44

Arielext
Website

Re: mozilla build fails.

you don't have to add that option!
just edit unix.js and add xft support in there.
reload mozilla and see the number of new fonts smile

apt-get install arch

#3 2003-02-17 11:25:18

sinister

I think you are referring to freetype my friend.. you can't just edit the unix.js file and get an xft build. Not that I know of.

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...  "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and drools.

#4 2003-02-18 08:38:56

jk
Website

right, you can only enable freetype2 support in unix.js. XFT support offers _far_ better font quality...

looks to me sinister did it the right way, but did you install xft2 and fontconfig before you started building?

Also, perhaps it's more wise to wait for XFree86 4.3.0 which is due feb. 20, since it includes xft2 and fontconfig by default....

#5 2003-02-18 16:21:58

sinister

Yah i installed xft2 and fontconfig before starting the build.. here's a screenshot of my error.

I can't seem to get it to work for the life of me.. wink

http://www3.telus.net/public/sinbsd/error.jpg

#6 2003-02-18 17:49:21

sarah31
Website

did you try setting the default gtk to gtk2 as i do not think it will build with xft2 without gtk2 being the default?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#7 2003-02-18 18:21:55

sinister

ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="#CFLAGS#"
ac_add_options --enable-xft
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-logging
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-toolkit-gtk2
ac_add_options --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/opt/mozilla

#8 2003-02-18 20:14:48

sarah31
Website

okay i just asked because the error is related to gtk 1.2

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#9 2003-02-18 20:53:28

sinister

Yah, thanks for the info though.. it's a weird one for sure. I've got gtk and gtk2 on my system. but for some reason, it just won't build.. not that it matters really.. as long as Bluephoenyx's copy works (on ftp.archlinux.org)

#10 2003-02-18 22:11:13

BluPhoenyx

Yes, after a failed first attempt on the pkg file, it is finally in the incoming directory along with an archive which contains only the build scripts for those who want/need to add or remove(?) other options. For example, I did not use the QT (not needed unless you don't install gtk2) or XLIB (ditto) options. It is simply gtk2, xft, crypto and sans debug, logging and tests. Plus, I have the optimize options preset in the system (via /etc/profile) which the mozilla build used, -O2 -march=i686.

So far, it works well here and seems fairly quick. I plan on rebuilding my own version without the news and message options as I use Sylpheed Claws for these items.

BluPhoenyx

Board footer