You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-05 01:13:00

lumiwa

Konqueror-again

Hi!

I asked once about my problem with Konqueror on flickr.com and I have problem still. I asked on kde mailing list and I got just one answer from KUbuntu user which has same version of KDE as I have but it works. This is my question and link to someone other who had/has a problem too. And my Java version is:
java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

and my email to the kde forum:

"I have a question for flickr.com members. I use KDE 3.5.5 and I had a problem
with Konquerror on ther site - Organize doesn't load my pictures and I get an
error:

Error: node : TypeError: Value undefined (result of expression
_ge(_31).mat_deactivate) is not an object. Cannot be called.
_ge("candy_findr_end").button_disable) is not an object. Cannot be called.

Firefox, Opera work without problem.

Here is also link which one other member asked:

http://www.flickr.com/forums/bugs/29937/

Thanks...

Mitja
-----
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starikarp

#2 2007-01-05 12:07:42

cdhotfire

Re: Konqueror-again

lumiwa wrote:

Hi!

I asked once about my problem with Konqueror on flickr.com and I have problem still. I asked on kde mailing list and I got just one answer from KUbuntu user which has same version of KDE as I have but it works. This is my question and link to someone other who had/has a problem too. And my Java version is:
java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

and my email to the kde forum:

"I have a question for flickr.com members. I use KDE 3.5.5 and I had a problem
with Konquerror on ther site - Organize doesn't load my pictures and I get an
error:

_ge(_31).mat_deactivate) is not an object. Cannot be called.
_ge("candy_findr_end").button_disable) is not an object. Cannot be called.

Firefox, Opera work without problem.

Here is also link which one other member asked:

http://www.flickr.com/forums/bugs/29937/

Thanks...

Mitja
-----
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starikarp

Have you tried kdemod? Organize seems to work for me, althought I have not tried with normal kde.

[img]http://www.barbarawood.com/guestbook/images/smilies/koolaid.gif[/img]
"Ooooh Yaaaa!"

#3 2007-01-05 16:30:34

superstoned

should be no diff between normal kde and kdemod. did you try it as another user, it might be an user setting which is broken?!?

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#4 2007-01-05 17:03:23

lumiwa

superstoned wrote:

should be no diff between normal kde and kdemod. did you try it as another user, it might be an user setting which is broken?!?

I tried as root smile but it is the same. It stopped on december 27th.
Before I didn't have a problem. Firefox works okay but I prefer Konqueror.

#5 2007-01-05 17:29:12

lumiwa

One question more: do I need it or what I need it to remove and reinstall that i get configuration which works back, please?

#6 2007-01-05 20:04:18

superstoned

lumiwa wrote:

One question more: do I need it or what I need it to remove and reinstall that i get configuration which works back, please?

i have no idea. most likely, reinstalling won't help as the configuration mostly stays so you still have it when you get something back. not extremely clever in some cases, esp yours...

anyway, i'm afraid i have no idea what is wrong if it works for others, and i can't test it as i never used flickr... can you post a link or a quick how-to-get-the-error here? i'll test it then.

you can probably try it with a livecd, see if it works there. and probably reinstall java, kde?

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#7 2007-01-05 20:10:19

lumiwa

superstoned wrote:
lumiwa wrote:

i have no idea. most likely, reinstalling won't help as the configuration mostly stays so you still have it when you get something back. not extremely clever in some cases, esp yours...

anyway, i'm afraid i have no idea what is wrong if it works for others, and i can't test it as i never used flickr... can you post a link or a quick how-to-get-the-error here? i'll test it then.

you can probably try it with a livecd, see if it works there. and probably reinstall java, kde?

No, I cannot. You need to be a registered on flickr that you can see an Organize.

#8 2007-01-06 11:21:33

AlexW

Try moving ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ and ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc to somewhere safe temporarily (this should be all your konqueror configs... I think).

Now

killall konqueror 

as kde usually loads konqueror into memory at startup & then start up konqueror and try to do the things that weren't working before hand.

If it works you know it was something in those dir's or the config and you can selectively copy stuff back (bookmarks etc.) into your new ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ and test it for each folder you copy back until you hit on what's causing it.

If that doesn't throw up the problem then it may be your ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc (which is more likely), in which case you should configure konqueror carefully and test for each setting you change that you think may cause a problem.

If it's not that, then maybe it's a bug in konqueror or something to do with a change with flickr?

[added]
On seccond thought, you may wish to killall konqueror before you move the directories as it may save the old settings on exit.

#9 2007-01-06 15:45:13

lumiwa

Thanks to try help me but I had the same problem. I did what was suggestion:

1. added new user
2. start kde
3. killall konqueror but there were no konqueror (no process to kill)
4. try different setting of Java an Javascript

Nothing help - problem exist. I did talk with Kubuntu user and one SuSE which have account on flickr.com and they use KDE and Konqueror and it works. Version of KDE (Konqueror is same), version of Java also.
I also reinstall Java, KDE...nothing. Mystery?

#10 2007-01-06 19:40:47

AlexW

As you created a new user it's unlikley it's any of your user settings, so it may be something to do with one of the default settings that arch uses.

Did it stop working right after an update?

I know it's a bit of an obvious question but have you tried changing things in konquerors settings->java tab such as using KIO, security etc. ?

Also, after visting the problem flickr page do you get any new output in ~/.java/deployment/log/plugin150_08.trace (may be named as something different, I'm going off of what's in my ~/.java dir).

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head sad

#11 2007-01-06 21:08:08

lumiwa

AlexW wrote:

As you created a new user it's unlikley it's any of your user settings, so it may be something to do with one of the default settings that arch uses.

Did it stop working right after an update?

<b>I think yes. And this day (from my pacman cache) was:
mfr from testing
libsoup
gtkmm
gtkhtml
</b>

I know it's a bit of an obvious question but have you tried changing things in konquerors settings->java tab such as using KIO, security etc. ?

<b>Yes, I tried everything.</b>

Also, after visting the problem flickr page do you get any new output in ~/.java/deployment/log/plugin150_08.trace (may be named as something different, I'm going off of what's in my ~/.java dir).

<b>No. I don't have.
I have just this error which I can see on the Konqueror:
Error: node : TypeError: Value undefined (result of expression _ge(_31).mat_deactivate) is not an object. Cannot be called.
Error: node : TypeError: Value undefined (result of expression _ge("candy_findr_end").button_disable) is not an object. Cannot be called.</b>

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head sad

#12 2007-01-12 11:59:52

lumiwa

I have one question more about my problem with flick organize:
I tried all combinations of Java/Javascript settings in Konqueror and doesn't works. I have respond from Debian and KUbuntu users which have the same version of KDE and Java and Konqueror works. Is it possible that Arch has different global javascript settings? Different than other distributions?

Thanks.

#13 2007-01-12 14:27:07

AlexW

lumiwa wrote:

I have one question more about my problem with flick organize:
I tried all combinations of Java/Javascript settings in Konqueror and doesn't works. I have respond from Debian and KUbuntu users which have the same version of KDE and Java and Konqueror works. Is it possible that Arch has different global javascript settings? Different than other distributions?

Thanks.

Looking at abs

sudo abs
cd /var/abs/extra/kde/kdebase

It looks like the only extra thing Arch does to konqueror is apply a patch called konq_mainwindow.patch , that said some of the other patches may indirectly change it aswell.

Whether this does anything to the organizer for flickr I don't know. It may be worth checking to see what patches kubuntu apply to konqueror and see what you can rule out.

#14 2007-02-11 15:44:17

lumiwa

As suggestion for try flickr Organize with live CD I did finally with Slax which has KDE 3.5.3 and everything works fine. I don't know if is probmem with KDE 3.5.6 or something other.
Thanks.

#15 2007-02-11 15:48:50

mpie

tools -> html settings -> java.....

by default it is unchecked, however I find mine keeps resetting.
so each time I launch konqueror as a browser i have to re-enable it

#16 2007-02-11 16:05:08

mpie

actually what is quite interesting is that if you go to the test java page at sun...

it makes no difference if you have java or java script enabled or disabled....

#17 2007-02-11 16:45:16

lumiwa

mpie wrote:

tools -> html settings -> java.....

by default it is unchecked, however I find mine keeps resetting.
so each time I launch konqueror as a browser i have to re-enable it

It is checked and works on the other sites also on Sun site. And as I wrote before Firefox doesn't have a problem and I don't get any error as with Konqueror which I wrote before.

Board footer