You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 10:22:06

illoult
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 1

systemd updates wipe ctrl-alt-del.target redirect

Hi!

I'm used to shutting down my system with the "three finger salute" shortcut from the console. To use this under systemd, I have found (and use) the possibility of redirecting the /lib/systemd/system/ctrl-alt-del.target symlink from reboot.target to shutdown.target. However, systemd updates revert the symlink to its default.

Is there a way to prevent this? Did I miss the "right" way to configure the crtl-alt-del behaviour?

Maybe I'll post some context regarding my linux journey, in the newbie corner, if that could help. TL;DR is I have a hard time adjusting to systemd. For one thing, I can never remember / find again how to notify the whole thing when I change some config.

Offline

#2 Yesterday 10:44:49

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,396

Re: systemd updates wipe ctrl-alt-del.target redirect

/usr/lib is usually reserved for system level configuration but this should get trumped by "admin" configuration which lives in /etc so if you instead setup your symlink under /etc/systemd/system that should by loading inference override the system level configuration. Maybe also see: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd#Targets and/or https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/System … unit_files (you're "technically" writing a unit file by adding symlinks to specific unit files and the very start of this section mentions the loading order)

As for systemd notification, if you use the tools like systemctl for making your changes instead of dancing around on the file level the relevant notifications will happen automatically. but if you're forced to make a change on the file level a systemctl daemon-reload will usually make the daemon aware of these changes

Last edited by V1del (Yesterday 11:17:27)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB