You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-29 21:38:31

theringoffire
Member
Registered: 2014-01-25
Posts: 30

[SOLVED] Looking for Music Player / Setup with Stream Support

Hi all,
I am not sure if I just have a knot in my head that I cannot solve but here is my issue:

I am looking for a high quality music player - desktop - user - fronted - software where I can listen to music from streaming services and my local files on my desktop PC.
In both of my workplaces I have a nice DAC - AMP - headphone setup connected to the PCs.

I understand that this cannot be done directly as there has to be support from the stream providers but I would not mind to go through a commercial platform e.g. roon.
BUT there are no or no decent apps for Linux desktop use. All are Win - Mac - Mobile.
Also rather expensive software like Audirvana or Jriver  Media Center do just offer the server part on Linux (which is not mentioned on their homepages without deep digging btw).

Is there really no decent solution for this scenario?

Running the Windows Apps through WINE or similar container solution is rather meh, too much audio fiddling for my taste.
I do not need bit-perfect playback (nice but mainly an illusion) but at least no resampling would be nice.

Currently I am playing my qobuz steam through the webplayer where I configured the whole audio chain keeping the HQ playback. Good sound but the web interface is rather basic.
I listen to my radio stations via their homepage implementations. Some good, some awful. URLs for the streams are available but I rarely use them on other players.
And my local files via Elisa, just easy and clean. I tried DeaDBeeF but it gives me the strangest errors.

Any ideas or suggestions would be highly welcome!


My audio setup
----------------------
Sources:
My ripped CDs, hundreds, FLAC
Bought (hig-res) Albums, FLAC
qobuz
192 to 320k radio streams

Playback on PCs via pipewire
allowed-rates = [ 48000 44100 88200 96000 192000 ]
-> No more (imagined) difference to ALSA playback on my setup and old ears

HW 1: Schiit magni-modi 2, Meze Strada
HW 2: ifi ZEN DAC3, beyerdynamic 1770 (the original ones)

Last edited by theringoffire (Yesterday 20:04:05)

Offline

#2 Yesterday 19:02:16

MAYBL8
Member
From: Florida USA
Registered: 2022-01-14
Posts: 418
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for Music Player / Setup with Stream Support

Offline

#3 Yesterday 19:03:20

killertofus
Member
Registered: 2025-02-10
Posts: 246

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for Music Player / Setup with Stream Support


I Have Linux Perl Can i Download Gnome???

Offline

#4 Yesterday 20:03:31

theringoffire
Member
Registered: 2014-01-25
Posts: 30

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for Music Player / Setup with Stream Support

Thanks for the inputs!

I am just looking at strawberry. I was not aware that there was actual API support for qobuz for non commercial software. Not fancy but absolutely OK for liked / marked albums & tracks.

The MPD qobuz plugin does not seem to be supported or maintained any more, but I see there is qobuzconnect2mpd. Maybe I give it a try for my RPi streamer.

Thanks again, I mark the thread as [SOLVED].

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB