You are not logged in.

#1 2026-10-02 08:25:53

Pafrapé
Member
Registered: 2010-10-25
Posts: 50

Misalignment during printing

Hello,

Since a very recent Arch Linux update, I’ve been experiencing an alignment issue when printing.
Every time I print, there is an offset of about 1 cm at the top of the page.
I should mention that I am using A4 paper, not Letter.
I have several printers from different brands and multiple PCs running Arch Linux, and the problem occurs every time.
I checked the CUPS configuration, and all the settings appear correct.

Have any of you encountered a similar issue?

Personally, I suspect it might be a kernel-related problem.

Thanks for your help.

Offline

#2 2026-10-02 09:26:35

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,404

Re: Misalignment during printing

Kernel is not involved in printing, basically ever. cups-filter/libcupsfilter basically rewrote their entire PDF rendering stack and things are somewhat potentially in flux here. There have been a bunch of backports in an attempt to remediate the issues, so if "recent update" is older than 6 days ago, update again and try to reproduce. If you still can reproduce try downgrading libcupsfilter to 2.1.1-4 or so, see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=314800 as well

Offline

#3 2026-10-02 11:50:59

Pafrapé
Member
Registered: 2010-10-25
Posts: 50

Re: Misalignment during printing

Thanks.

You're right, there is an issue with libcupsfilter.
The latest updates aren't working—at least not for me—and they cause printouts to be misaligned.
I had to downgrade and reinstall an earlier version.

Offline

#4 2026-10-02 15:45:03

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,404

Re: Misalignment during printing

You might want to consider to report this upstream: https://github.com/OpenPrinting/libcupsfilters/issues

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB