You are not logged in.
In a package upgrade, I want to change a systemd service unit name.
Current I tried using a symlink with the old name to the new service (so that users relying on the old name don't break). However, if a user have previously run `systemctl enable old@test.service` it indeed still starts at boot, but now both `systemctl status old@test` or `systemctl status new@test` report the unit is `disabled`.
What's the right way to automatically migrate in this case?
Last edited by Beemo (Today 04:06:24)
Offline
Related: How to migrate a folder's permission?
I changed the install permission to 700 but during upgrade it warns:
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/path-to-folder/
filesystem: 755 package: 700Or is manual intervention the only way for these changes?
Last edited by Beemo (Today 05:16:21)
Offline
You can use a https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PKGBUILD#install script to update files on the target system w/ eg. post_upgrade - either manually or using systemctl
Offline