You are not logged in.

#1 2026-10-02 12:34:34

Unstitch5989
Member
Registered: 2026-10-02
Posts: 4

installing cloudOTP

Hello,

I'd like to install this OTP client: otp.cloudchewie.com
but:
-I asked if AUR would add it and they said no
-I do not want to use flatpak or Debian
Is this the right place to ask for this type of help?
It seems I should be able to compile it but I need detailed instructions to do it.
I tried, but I think I need to install a flutter SDK or something..?
Is somebody willing to help?

Offline

#2 2026-10-02 16:59:25

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,461

Re: installing cloudOTP

It does appear to depend on flutter, which is in the AUR so building & installing that is your first task

Start with reading Arch build system and Arch User Repository
Once you have build & installed flutter you'll have to create a PKGBUILD for cloudopt with flutter as a dependency.

Welcome to archlinux forums.

Moderator Note
Moving to AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2026-10-02 16:59:44)


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#3 2026-10-03 13:30:27

Unstitch5989
Member
Registered: 2026-10-02
Posts: 4

Re: installing cloudOTP

Is there an alternative to building it every time? My computers are all slow (decades old)

Offline

#4 2026-10-03 14:35:41

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,461

Re: installing cloudOTP

Sort of, you can use an already compiled binary and repack it for archlinux .
That does reduce the the time/power needed substantially .

There are no wiki guidelines for -bin packages, you'll have to look at examples in AUR.
One very simple example is https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mozillajs-linux-bin .


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#5 2026-10-03 16:37:21

Unstitch5989
Member
Registered: 2026-10-02
Posts: 4

Re: installing cloudOTP

Thanks for the welcome.
Following these steps: (after finally getting flutter installed without errors)
git clone https://github.com/Robert-Stackflow/CloudOTP.git
cd cloudotp
flutter pub get
flutter gen-l10n
cd third-party/chewieflutter run -d linux
flutter gen-l10n
cd ../../
flutter run -d linux

I end up with these new errors on the last step: (flutter run -d linux)
[1/3] Linux SDK
  ├─ [1/3] linux-x64-debug/linux-x64-flutter-gtk                (17.6MB in 1.9s)
  ├─ [2/3] linux-x64-profile/linux-x64-flutter-gtk               (9.3MB in 0.5s)
  └─ [3/3] linux-x64-release/linux-x64-flutter-gtk               (8.7MB in 0.5s)
Launching lib/main.dart on Linux in debug mode...
ERROR: third-party/widget/lucide_icons/lib/src/icon_data.dart:3:30: Error: The class 'IconData' can't be extended outside of its library because it's a final class.
ERROR: class LucideIconData extends IconData {
ERROR:                              ^
ERROR: Target kernel_snapshot_program failed: Exception
Building Linux application...                                           
Error: Build process failed

I tried with the latest 2 versions of flutter and got the same errors/result.

Last edited by Unstitch5989 (2026-10-03 16:38:51)

Offline

#6 2026-10-03 19:24:53

killertofus
Member
Registered: 2025-02-10
Posts: 248

Re: installing cloudOTP

pacman -Qs flutter


I Have Linux Perl Can i Download Gnome???

Offline

#7 2026-10-04 15:17:32

Unstitch5989
Member
Registered: 2026-10-02
Posts: 4

Re: installing cloudOTP

killertofus wrote:

pacman -Qs flutter

local/flutter-bin 3.47.5-1
    Cross platform widget toolkit for Dart (monolithic)
local/fvm 4.3.1-1
    Flutter Version Management: A simple CLI to manage Flutter SDK versions.

Offline

#8 Today 09:11:40

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,461

Re: installing cloudOTP

Looks like this may be an upstream issue, but let's investigate.

Please post  the full output of

flutter run -d linux

in code  & /code tags


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB