You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I am planning to switch to Arch Linux because, for some reason, my microphone isn't working on Fedora 44 (kernel 7.2.8). I’ve tried everything—clearing the cache, reloading via systemctl, etc.—but nothing seems to work. Would switching to Arch Linux resolve this issue? Thanks.
Audio Card: AMD ACP6x audio controller and Realtek ALC256 codec
Offline
If kernel/upstream support is lacking, Arch will almost certainly not do anything that fedora wouldn't already do. Do you know whether you're using sof-firmware and whether you might have codec problems there/whether you'd need to report this to the sof-firmware github?
If it's nothing in that direction then we could at least try to give potentially more fruitful support if it doesn't work on Arch, but in this space there should not be enough differences and I doubt fedora does changes that would hinder you here where Arch wouldn't, so you might have an actual driver issue, but we can't really ascertain that without logs and we can't support logs from a fedora system.
Last edited by V1del (Yesterday 16:36:04)
Offline
Sorry im kinda new here, how can i check my fedora system logs?
Offline
how can i check my fedora system logs?
Generally, on Linux systems, journalctl -b or dmesg would give it, but I think there is a slight misunderstanding here; Fedora is not Arch Linux and is not supported here.
For troubleshooting you might want to create a small temporary partition for Arch, and then reproduce the issue with relevant logs, and you may ask for help here.
But as @V1del said, If upstream is lacking support, you might have a genuine regression for now.
I feel sad for Keith. What happens if he gets chased by a Python? Poor guy, he is just an obese, diseased rat with a missing hind leg that was blown off... I hope those zero-cost abstractions help him run faster and escape in such scenarios. :cry:
Offline
Alright thanks, maybe i should wait for newer kernel
Offline
Pages: 1