You are not logged in.
Hi there. I recently swapped from Windows 11 to Arch and have begun migrating programs over. One of my most used programs is Iriun Webcam, and I used the AUR package iriunwebcam-bin to install it. I also installed the v4l2loopback package and did all the configuration I needed to with that, including the exclusive_caps stuff. Everything displays correctly according to v4l2loopback, and Iriun stopped giving me error messages about lacking v4l2loopback configuration.
Even so, Iriun sits at its normal non-paired screen telling me "No phone available". I do not have a firewall on, both devices are connected to the same network, and I have reinstalled both the phone app and the AUR package multiple times. I tried to use a different phone (both phones in question are iPhones, however; I do not have an Android device available) and it also did not connect to Iriun, which leads me to believe there is still something wrong PC-side. I have used Proton VPN ever since I installed Arch but I turned it off, uninstalled it, etc. and that didn't change anything.
I also tried to use an alternative, DroidCam via OBS Virtual Camera, and it actually did connect to my phone; however, DroidCam employs a watermark above 480p and that's kinda cringe, unless there's an alternative without it I'd much rather stick with Iriun if it's an option. I'm on the latest version of all main packages & the linux-headers package, and I'm currently running KDE Plasma in Wayland. I checked the systemd journal and it displays no error messages related to Iriun, nor does anything else display error messages, both devices simply just do not connect to each other. Because DroidCam worked, my best assumption is that it has something to do with the AUR package itself, but from what I can tell, others use it successfully so I have no clue what to try now. Thanks in advance for anything done to help with this.
Offline
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/V4l2lo … _as_webcam
Apparently the iriun ports aren't stable, https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/iriu … nt-1065557
Offline
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/V4l2lo … _as_webcam
Apparently the iriun ports aren't stable, https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/iriu … nt-1065557
I cannot use IP Webcam as I do not have an Android phone. The Arch Wiki itself points to Iriun as the best alternative.
The most recent comment on the iriunwebcam-bin package page is related to seeing what port Iriun is trying to listen to. Running the same command, it shows that Iriun is not listening to any port at all.
Offline
Have you checked/diff'd "ss -tulpen" before and after starting iriun? Maybe the grep is wrong.
Otherwise you'd have to strace iriun to see what port it tries to open (and maybe why it fails) - hard you hardening this in any way (firewall)?
Offline