You are not logged in.
Hi everyone,
I've been using the pre-built binaries from drzee.net, which are supposed to target the ARMv8.2 baseline. However, it turns out they actually require the LRCPC instruction set (required since v8.4). This causes issues on my Kunpeng 920 (tsv110 cores, which are basically Cortex-A76 without LRCPC), and it just won't run.
Would there be any chance to drop LRCPC from the baseline, or at least update the documentation to explicitly state it as a hard requirement?
In the meantime, I used AI to put together a simple shim/emulator to get these binaries working on hardware without LRCPC and LSE support (i.e. a72). Feel free to check it out here if you're facing the same issue:
kernel: https://github.com/dixyes-digital-waste … e/lse-emul
PKGBUILD: https://github.com/dixyes-digital-waste … c-PKGBUILD
Offline
There was I reason why I added it, but I just can't remember it now.
That said, rebuilding everything take a lot of time and effort - so for the time being it's going to stay.
Offline