You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 17:23:11

embracedebian
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 3

Translating to Hebrew and false positive spam

I am translating the English arch wiki to Hebrew because it has not been done in the Hebrew category 16 years of existance.
And I did not have an account on the arch wiki ever and I made mine yesterday.

I could get why I get flagged as spam but I am actually trying my best to translate most pages, and since the Hebrew wiki has not been touched like ever there's a lot to do.
And there aren't any active translators of Hebrew and I am the only one, so I wanted to ask what are the certain requirements for the translator role
In the Wiki it states "Translators (translator) is a group for the most productive members of an ArchWiki Translation Team or individual translators."
But by this standard I clearly did the best job in over 10 years LOL
And as you know Hebrew is subject to a lot of trolling because of: Memes, racism, etc. So I need some kind of protection against this as well

Thanks in advanced.

Offline

#2 Yesterday 17:51:35

mpan
Member
Registered: 2012-08-01
Posts: 1,656
Website

Re: Translating to Hebrew and false positive spam

Hello, welcome to both the forum and the wiki, and thanks for the contributions!

I’m not sure, but isn’t this tag benign? Certainly it’s not a personal action against you. Neither against the language you use. I dropped the link to this thread in #archlinux-wiki.

If nobody replies here, you may also try poking somebody from the maintenance team or asking in the #archlinux-wiki IRC channel (requires a Libera.chat account).


Note: Assuming that you’re user “Embracedebian” on Arch Wiki, and that you speak about the “spam” tag.

Last edited by mpan (Yesterday 17:52:51)

Offline

#3 Yesterday 17:56:36

embracedebian
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 3

Re: Translating to Hebrew and false positive spam

Yes I am both embracedebian on the wiki and on the forum

And the spam tag that I am talking about is when I look in the logs of my account I see just  the name of what I created then just "tag:spam" on it and it also makes me verify on every edit with an arch command
My suspect is that I did so much stuff and my account is a day old

Offline

#4 Yesterday 19:05:09

Erus_Iluvatar
Wiki Admin
Registered: 2010-04-01
Posts: 143

Re: Translating to Hebrew and false positive spam

Hi !

You have indeed triggered an automated protection identifying new accounts creating pages at a higher rate than usual. The "spam" tag could as well be named "flagged for Maintainer patrolling": it's just an easy filter to make sure recent edits are not counterproductive, not a human judgment.

Every edit flagged by that protection will require a "captcha" before being allowed. The "translator" role is not taken into account for that protection.

We don't have a clearly delineated set of rules to award the translator title, but given the lethargic pace on our wiki, consider it highly unlikely that anyone is labelled with it during their first year of contributing even if they're single-handedly propping up an entire language.
Don't be discouraged from contributing, but take care not to burn out, as I've personally seen in the last 5 years half a dozen people go from overhauling a whole translations in their language to giving no sign of life.


Acta, Non Verba

Offline

#5 Yesterday 19:20:53

embracedebian
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 3

Re: Translating to Hebrew and false positive spam

Thank you for responding
I understand it now.


The problem now is that I don't know how to close this thread or post or whatever its called
So if you don't mind closing it for me that would be really helpful

Offline

#6 Yesterday 19:27:43

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,156

Re: Translating to Hebrew and false positive spam

Mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB