You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 15:56:14

barrettruth
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 2

sioyek-dev: request for maintainers

Hi Arch community,

Long ago I've actually moved off of arch to NixOS & OpenBSD. I currently maintain one AUR repo for the PDF viewer sioyek:

https://forge.barrettruth.com/barrettruth/sioyek-dev

If anyone would like to "step up" as maintainer, please let me know! It's hardly any work at all smile

Offline

#2 Today 08:05:58

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,472

Re: sioyek-dev: request for maintainers

Please don't update a VCS PKGBUILD just when there have been new commits .

Consider changing the name to something like sioyek-dev-git to get closer to archlinux package guidelies (and make life a bit easier for unsupported stuff like yay) .


An alternative could be to switch the package to building a specific commit hash so it becomes a fixed version package instead of a VCS package.

Moderator Note
moving to AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#3 Today 13:34:50

barrettruth
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 2

Re: sioyek-dev: request for maintainers

I agree with you on all points, especially the naming.

Reiterating that I once more no longer wish to be the maintainer/hoster of the source code of this repo, and this includes a fresh "sioyek-dev-git" that ought to be made.

if you use sioyek, please hmu smile A lot of people use this package!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB