You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I updated my Nvidia driver and I am guessing it is because of that, maybe, but video playback on chrome and chromium is no more there. all I see is white background in youtube videos and instagram videos. even on x and canva this is same. Most of the times I view youtube and there I a have seen this problem. I cannot go back to AUR driver 580xx as that is no more supported by ffmpeg.
uname -a
Linux Arch 7.2.8-arch1-2 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu, 01 Oct 2026 17:24:20 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
nvidia-smi
Fri Oct 9 20:38:26 2026
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 615.71.09 KMD Version: 615.71.09 CUDA UMD Version: 13.4 |
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------+----------------------+
| GPU Name Persistence-M | Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap | Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
| | | MIG M. |
|=========================================+========================+======================|
| 0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 ... On | 00000000:01:00.0 On | N/A |
| N/A 42C P8 15W / 80W | 691MiB / 8192MiB | 17% Default |
| | | N/A |
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------+----------------------+
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes: |
| GPU GI CI PID Type Process name GPU Memory |
| ID ID Usage |
|=========================================================================================|
| 0 N/A N/A 1351 G /usr/lib/Xorg 340MiB |
| 0 N/A N/A 2619 G ...rack-uuid=3190708988185955192 253MiB |
| 0 N/A N/A 18301 G alacritty 10MiB |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+I am using compositor picom and am on i3.
Last edited by Jodi42 (2026-10-09 15:10:03)
Offline
Did you tried other browsers, like Firefox or video players (vlc, mpv)?
What if you turn off hardware acceleration in chromium, just for test?
Offline
Next to testing mpv,
I cannot go back to AUR driver 580xx as that is no more supported by ffmpeg.
mind to elaborate/reference the source for that?
ffmpeg will use vaapi or vdpau (or vulkan) and should rather not care about what implements that.
Offline
Pages: 1