You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-24 05:21:52

ravster
Website

ReiserFS: clm-2100: Nesting info a different FS

Hey,
  I was fixing up my system after installing new RAM into it, and had to recreate the regular user and reinstall xfce4 (to the new 4.4 upgrade) and xorg (the old RAM died on me and I first thought that it might have been some software problem)
  So anyway, I reinstall the programs, and then try to 'startx'. I am returned with a Call Trace list that ends with

ReiserFS: hda5: warning: clm-2100: nesting info a different FS

My /home directory is on another partition (hda6), and I did a 'reiserfsck --check' on both the root and the home partition. I'm currently typing this from a backup partition on the same computer.
  I googled the error message and came up with this, but the patch involved is
(1) For kernel 2.6.11
(2) Seems to be missing some information on line 14 (there's an open bracket but I can't find a related closed bracket - I tried the patch and it didn't work).

Also, I am not using the Arch kernel since I'm not able to get that particular partition working with mkinitcpio. The backup partition is working fine with mkinitcpio, and the only difference I can see is that the backup does not use reiserfs at all. I've tried fixing this problem, but nothing's worked and I've practically given up (therefore, the custom kernel).
  Accessing files on both the root and home partitions works without a hitch. This error message (and the subsequent hanging of the computer) only happens when I try to 'startx'.
  I was wondering if someone could explain what this error message is about, and, if possible, provide a way to fix it.
  Thanks,
Ravster

#2 2007-02-24 17:27:10

ravster
Website

Re: ReiserFS: clm-2100: Nesting info a different FS

Update:
  X seems not to work only for my regular user. Doing a 'startx' as boot works and I'm able to use graphical programs such as firefox.
  I forgot to mention that I get some other error messages below the Reiserfs warning

/usr/bin/startx: line 134: 2929 Segmentation Fault     xauth -q -f $xserverauthfile   << EOF
add:$dummy  .  $mcookie
EOF

Doing a startxfce4 as a normal user seems to work a little bit further. The splash screen of XFCE shows up, and the mouse cursor turns into the wristwatch icon, and then the image just stays that way. The mouse is operational and I can move the cursor around. When I switch to the console again, I saw this message

xfce4-session: 2866: WARNING **: Failed to set up the ICE authentication data, session management might not work properly

Thanks,
Ravster

Board footer