You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-03 07:49:38

jimmi

kernel beyond: problems with alsa and bluetooth-alsa

Hi everybody,

I recently changed my laptop. With the old one I used to talk with Skype either with the external microphone or a bluetooth headset. With my new laptop the operation seems to be rather complicate, since I experienced a series of problem with recent kernels and drivers.

The new laptop has a sound card Intel 82801G that has problems with the early alsa drivers: the microphone, internal and external doesn't work. To get it working I need to download and compile the new alsa driver from alsa-project.org, together with alsa-lib and alsa-utils, even thought with them the master and the mute do not wotk anymore, and I may set the volume with pcm only. This at least fix the problem, but I need to repeat the operation every time the kernel change (actually very often).

With kernel 2.6.20 the module snd-bt-sco doesn't compile anymore: there is now a new utility (plugz) that needs patching the kernel. I didn't try it for the moment, may be later...

I decide to switch to the beyond kernel, that has the module snd-bt-sco rev. 0.42. Unfortunately if I try to load it, I got an error:

FATAL: Error inserting snd_bt_sco (/lib/modules/2.6.19-beyond/extra/snd-bt-sco.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

and in dmesg:

snd_bt_sco: Unknown symbol try_to_freeze

I got the same result compiling the new driver btsco 0.5

When the new alsa driver is compiled and loaded dmesg shows also a second error:

snd_bt_sco: Unknown symbol snd_hwdep_new

Last edited by jimmi (2007-03-03 10:18:45)

Board footer