ops sad

///// SNIP(-ed) //////

cd  ./english_us ; zip -u /tmp/mkSiX5Qu.zip ./schart.* -x delzip  -x "*CVS*"
zip: Command not found.
cp -f /tmp/mkSiX5Qu.zip  ../../unxlngi4.pro/bin/schart01.zip
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/mkSiX5Qu.zip': No such file or directory
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxlngi4.pro/bin/schart01.zip'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/helpcontent/unx/schart
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
==> Build Failed. Aborting...

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GU/ d- s: a- C L U P+ L+++ E--- W+
N 0+ K- W-- !O !M V-- PS+ PE- V++ PGP T 5 Z+ R* TV+ B+
DI-- D- G-- e-- h! r++ z+ z*
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

#2 2003-02-20 13:08:50

jk
Website

Re: openoffice ==> Build Failed. Aborting... big post lol

"zip: Command not found." would have been enough wink

apparently you need zip to build openoffice...ABS doesn't support source dependencies.

#3 2003-02-20 19:02:33

jlvsimoes
Website

heheh zip dude i got dmake gmake i guess to .. and now zip ... dam it
are you guys interrested and having another mirror " oficcial "
one in portugal ?
if so please email me " here " for me to now got a "deal" with a sysadmin
mayby e can " persuad in to do
wget -r ftp.archlinux.org

#4 2003-02-20 19:20:18

jlvsimoes
Website

now im missing unzip lol damm it tongue

#5 2003-02-20 20:14:44

sarah31
Website

just thought i would pass on some info for you.

i will add that one will need zip and unzip for building purposes. since i had them installed already i did not know this. iwill mention that in the PKGBUILD.

you don't need to install dmake or gmake. i didn't so you should not have to.

i see from your output above that you do have sdk installed but it was not detected by the configure process. while it was not a problem for you i don't think java support will not be included in your build. my java was in /usr/lib, as that is where the java developers suggest it be installed to.

don't forget to grab the PAM package at the url mentioned in the PKGBUILD. and don't forget the bison edit either. failing to do either will cause build failures 40 minutes to 2 hours into the build.

and just a reminder that it takes a very long time to build. on my processor it takes between 6 to 7 hours (AMD XP 1800+ (1.53 GHz)).

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#6 2003-02-22 01:29:41

jlvsimoes
Website

thaks tongue about gmake and dmake its werd but it failed and then i instaled and it did not fail again on that point gor misselve another fail tongue im going to try and find out were thaks again im going to sleep now tomorow im trying to built it again as for the time consuming makepkg process " i haven´t got another choise . i burned my internacional download limit  sad
just 1 G so i search a o0 mirror here and have to build this misself ho well its life thak you once again

#7 2003-02-22 01:31:06

jlvsimoes
Website

dubble post deleted by arielext

#8 2003-02-22 07:46:39

BluPhoenyx

Gawd, I'm glad I don't need that beast on my systems. Just hearing about you guys building it makes me cringe. And PAM I left that with RedHat...

BluPhoenyx

#9 2003-02-22 08:38:54

sarah31
Website

i don't use it i just made it. PAM is only needed for building not running OO. but building was a great challenge that i am glad i did and accomplished. fwiw OO technically build faster than kdebinding which is a dog slow 3 hour to build despite its source being just small fraction the size of OO.

and by the sounds of it OO is alot easier to get building than moz with xft2 (ah the need for eye candy knows no bounds).

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#10 2003-02-23 05:23:26

BluPhoenyx

My biggest problem with moz was getting decent hardware to work with. My good systems were being used so I threw together a Athlon system from misc parts. Of course all this took time and the system wasn't the best performance wise, but I think I got it now. Of course, now I'll go back and strip the system to just the browser for myself to use.

BluPhoenyx

#11 2003-02-24 15:55:59

jlvsimoes
Website

I'm losing my mind I cant seem do build it, I got this error now e I cant figure it out.
Any help, as always is most welcome, it fails just some seconds into the building process

=============
Building project XmlSearch
=============
/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/XmlSearch/src/com/sun/xmlsearch
Making dpj...
javac -classpath ".:../../../../unxlngi4.pro/class:/opt/j2sdk1.4.1/bin/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/bin/jaxp.jar:/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/bin/parser.jar:/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/solver/641/unxlngi4.pro/bin/xt.jar:/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/external/common/jaxp.jar:/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/external/common/parser.jar:/usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/external/common/xt.jar" -d ../../../../unxlngi4.pro/class    db/Block.java           db/BlockFactory.java    db/BlockManager.java          db/BlockManagerParameters.java          db/BlockProcessor.java          db/BlockStack.java      db/BtreeDict.java       db/BtreeDictParameters.java           db/CompactEdgeFormat.java       db/DBPartParameters.java        db/EdgePrinter.java     db/EntryProcessor.java       db/FullBtreeDict.java    db/FullVectorBtree.java         db/Schema.java          db/VectorBtree.java     db/VectorBtreeIterator.java     db/VectorBtreeParameters.java         db/VectorFormat.java    db/VectorProcessor.java         util/ExtensibleURLStreamHandlerFactory.java          util/BitBuffer.java      util/ByteArrayDecompressor.java         util/Compressor.java            util/CompressorIterator.java            util/ConceptList.java         util/ConceptLocation.java       util/Configuration.java         util/Decompressor.java          util/DocumentCompressor.java          util/Extent.java        util/Index.java         util/IndexAccessor.java         util/IndexInverter.java         util/IntegerArray.java        util/LineInput.java             util/Location.java      util/NonnegativeIntegerGenerator.java           util/PrefixTranslator.java            util/SimpleTokenizer.java       util/StreamDecompressor.java            util/Token.java         util/Tokenizer.java     tree/Names.java       tree/Node2.java         tree/NodeFactory.java           tree/ResultAdapter.java         tree/TreeBuilder.java           tree/XmlTreeNode.java         tree/XmlTreeNodeImpl.java       qe/ConceptData.java             qe/ConceptGroupGenerator.java           qe/GeneratorHeap.java         qe/HitStore.java        qe/LiteMorph.java       qe/LiteMorph_en.java            qe/NextDocGenerator.java        qe/NextDocGeneratorHeap.java          qe/Query.java           qe/QueryHit.java        qe/RoleFiller.java      qe/Rule.java            qe/SearchEnvironment.java             xml/ContextTables.java          xml/XmlIndex.java       xml/indexer/ElementIndexer.java         xml/indexer/XmlIndexBuilder.java      xml/indexer/XmlIndexer.java             xml/indexer/XmlIndexingException.java           xml/qe/ConceptData.java         xml/qe/ConceptData1.java      xml/qe/ConceptData2.java        xml/qe/ConceptData3.java        xml/qe/ConceptData4.java        xml/qe/ConceptData5.java     xml/qe/ConceptData7.java         xml/qe/ConceptDataStart.java            xml/qe/ConceptDataStop.java             xml/qe/ConceptGroupGenerator.java             xml/qe/GeneratorHeap.java       xml/qe/HitStore.java            xml/qe/MultiTokenLocator.java           xml/qe/NextDocGenerator.java          xml/qe/NextDocGeneratorHeap.java        xml/qe/Query.java       xml/qe/QueryFactoryImpl.java            xml/qe/QueryHit.java          xml/qe/QueryHitData.java        xml/qe/QueryHitIterator.java            xml/qe/QueryProcessor.java      xml/qe/QueryProcessorImpl.java        xml/qe/QueryResults.java        xml/qe/QueryStatement.java      xml/qe/RoleFiller.java          xml/qe/Search.java
db/FullVectorBtree.java:160: warning: as of release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
      assert(_free > 0 && _free <= _blockSize);
      ^
db/VectorBtree.java:277: warning: as of release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
  public static void assert(boolean assertion) {
                     ^
db/VectorBtree.java:352: warning: as of release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
                assert(stack.size() == 0);
                ^
util/ExtensibleURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:82: unreachable statement
            return (URLStreamHandler)handlerClass.newInstance();;
                                                                ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error
3 warnings
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../../unxlngi4.pro/misc/com_sun_xmlsearch_dummy.java'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /usr/abs/unofficial/office/openoffice/src/oo_1.0.2_src/XmlSearch/src/com/sun/xmlsearch
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
==> Build Failed. Aborting...

#12 2003-02-24 17:57:20

sarah31
Website

as i mentioned before it could not "find" your java install. so the error likely results from that.

you could install your java in /usr/lib and see what happens.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#13 2003-02-24 18:27:29

jlvsimoes
Website

i instaled java in /opt/jsd1.4.1/
but i will try again thak you

#14 2003-02-24 20:12:20

sarah31
Website

if you still have the initial output from your first post you will see that in the configure output prior to where you told OO that java was it could not find your javac or java in general. generally having java in /opt may not be a problem but in apps where you want to build java in it can be alot more restrictive. the majority of the people i know would install java to /usr/lib as that is where the install says to put it. likely the OO developers know this and have structured their configure and makefiles to look in a very restricted set of directory besides /usr/lib and likely /opt is not one of them.

however why it would not be able to find it after you declared where it was is beyond me unless it is set up to only accept the small set of destinations directories like i suggested above.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#15 2003-02-24 22:36:57

jlvsimoes
Website

thank you im testing using the default directory for java