You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-13 19:40:01

olspookishmagus
Website

Flyspray, can't users contact each other?

Hello once more.

First, I would like to pinpoint that there is no relevant forum section for Bugs/Flyspray part of the Arch Linux Community. If am wrong please correct me.

Then I would like to find out if there's a way for Bugs/Flyspray user to contact each other.
For example I'm logged in and I click on a link like this:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/user/1642
I get to see... nothing. So what's the point of showing the id of a user if I can't get to contact him, perhaps throught the bugs/flyspray interface?

#2 2007-03-13 21:08:27

codemac
Website

Re: Flyspray, can't users contact each other?

1) Why would we need a forum for the bug tracker?  It has a thread for each bug.  And if you want to talk about something that isn't a bug, the bugtracker probably isn't the place.

2)  If you are contacting someone, it should be about a bug and be done in a public way on flyspray.  Once again, if you are contacting someone about something that does not have to do with a bug, it doesn't belong on the bugtracker.

Those are just my opinions.  Clarify what you want if I've missed something.

#3 2007-03-13 21:10:01

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Hmmm, glancing at the code, that actually goes to the administration interface, and thus does nothing if you're not an admin.

I'll see about pinging the flyspray devs about that.

#4 2007-03-13 21:31:17

olspookishmagus
Website

All right, I will clarify what my intention is. Take a look at this bug:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6328

I have requested the re-opening of this since Monday, 05 February 2007, 07:07AM.
But there is no further progress on this, it's still pending to be re-opened.
How could I further contact the one who closed it since I've requested re-opening?

But since that time I've read this part from the Arch Linux About page:

We do not provide any configuration helper utilities (ie, you won't find linuxconf in here) so you will quickly become very proficient at configuring your system from the shell commandline.

I no longer care for this, for I have found way to fix this issue up, while I'm still learning on Linux.
All I wanted to is to clear of any unfinished tasks off my bookmarks.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by olspookishmagus (2007-03-13 21:31:48)

#5 2007-03-14 05:13:34

louipc

I think it would be nice for forums/bugtracker/aur/wiki accounts in archlinux community to be integrated in some way so that everyone has just one profile/username. I think it could make things go smoother. Doing that seems like quite a hefty task though. There'd have to be some kind of protocol between all the different web apps I think.

Board footer