You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-18 16:13:13

xPlozion
Website

Gnome Menu Editor & Sessions Problems

First off, I'd like to say that ArchLinux is an amazing distro, and I've been using it for a few months now.  It's on all the computers.

Now for why I came here.  I'm having slight problems with Gnome.  They're minor, but they do get annoying after a while, and yes, I have done my research, and came up with nothing, unfortunately.

First of them is with the session manager.  I use xbindkeys with xvkbd for my Logitech mouse, but for all of the buttons to work (back, forth) it has to be running.  I try to add that to gnome session manager, but it never keeps it, along with gaim.  I also noticed that while trying out beryl, whenever I started the wm, it would always start beryl not matter what I tried (even deleting the sessions file in cli).

Now, the second problem that I'm having is gnome's menu editor.  It lets me open up the app, but I can't edit anything, which makes me think that it has to do with permissions.

Arch is up to date running Gnome 2.16.3.

On a similar note, when I'm running Epiphany, which is on occasion, it just randomly crashes and says that Epiphany bookmarks had crashed.

Thanks in advance.

Board footer