You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-25 01:52:21

chriseggroll

hal won't start

hi, i just did an update with pacman earlier and now i'm having some problems with gnome (several gnome apps were updated).  the first thing i noticed after reboot is that hal will not start.  i try to run it from /etc/rc.d and it will not start and only says failed, doesn't give a reason.  and when i start gnome, i get an error saying the gnome-settings-daemon could not start.  i tried running it myself after gnome loaded but still got an error:

(gnome-settings-daemon:9470): GnomeKbdIndicator-WARNING **: Unable to connect to dbus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-ifABE3cmv5: Connection refused

** (gnome-settings-daemon:9470): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_connection_register_g_object: assertion `connection != NULL' failed

** (gnome-settings-daemon:9470): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name: assertion `connection != NULL' failed

(gnome-settings-daemon:9470): GnomeKbdIndicator-CRITICAL **: Could not create DBUS proxy

** (gnome-settings-daemon:9470): WARNING **: Unable to connect to dbus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-ifABE3cmv5: Connection refused

** (gnome-settings-daemon:9470): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_connection_register_g_object: assertion `connection != NULL' failed

** (gnome-settings-daemon:9470): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name: assertion `connection != NULL' failed

any ideas?
** (gnome-settings-daemon:9470): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_call: assertion `DBUS_IS_G_PROXY (proxy)' failed

#2 2007-03-25 10:08:30

milan

Re: hal won't start

What are the versions of Hal and D-bus on your box?

Board footer