You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-09 16:46:52

computercolin

avidemux faac issue undefined symbol faacdecopen

I'm having problems using avidemux with files with aac audio streams. When I attempt to open a video with aac audio, I get

Editor :Audio streamer initialized
MP4 audio
avidemux2: symbol lookup error: avidemux2: undefined symbol: faacDecOpen

in the console and avidemux dies. I've tried to build avidemux from abs, but it dies during building

*** Creating Makefile templates
avidemux/mpeg2enc/Makefile.am:45: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCCAS does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   The usual way to define `am__fastdepCCAS' is to add `AM_PROG_AS'
/usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

I've also tried to use ffmpeg-svn built from abs (which built properly, surprisingly), however it didn't fix the issue. I have faad2 version 2.5-3; faac version 1.25-1; ffmpeg 0.10.2-1; avidemux version 2.3.0-1 .

Any ideas?

Colin

#2 2007-04-10 17:29:45

computercolin

Re: avidemux faac issue undefined symbol faacdecopen

Ok, got it working. I had to change the PKGBUILD to comment our the line

make -f Makefile.dist || return 1

which isn't necessary when building from a release tarball (according to avidemux's site). My compiled version works properly, presumably because it is built against the correct version of faac/faad2 .

So a simple question that I believe someone will be able to answer. Should I file a bugreport? Or maybe mark the package as out of date?

Colin

Board footer