You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-18 21:25:55

CavalierBob

[Request] Maintainer needed for Gourmet Recipe Manager

The recent Python upgrade broke this AUR [community] package and there presently is not a maintainer. I know nothing about Python or maintaining a package, so I think I am a poor candidate. Any one willing to pick this one up?

Thanks!

Bob

p.s. or is this a case of this bug: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/4084

Last edited by CavalierBob (2007-03-18 21:28:13)

#2 2007-03-18 23:20:10

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: [Request] Maintainer needed for Gourmet Recipe Manager

This is not a case of this bug. Get the PKGBUILD from abs and rebuild it. That would probably work.

As there is no testing repo for community, it might take a few days for the maintained community packages to be rebuild against the new packages (like python 2.5) in current/extra. If you come up across such a package, notify the TU who maintains it. If the package is orphaned, your best bet would probably to rebuild it yourself as the orphaned  community packages will be moved into unsupported. There will be an announcement with more details sometime this week.

#3 2007-03-19 04:41:58

CavalierBob

Attempted a rebuild of the pkg, but I am getting the following error:

[bob@myhost gourmet]$ gourmet
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gourmet", line 34, in <module>
    import gourmet.GourmetRecipeManager
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 5, in <module>
    import exporters.printer as printer
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet/exporters/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pdf_exporter
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet/exporters/pdf_exporter.py", line 1, in <module>
    import reportlab
ImportError: No module named reportlab

This was the same error gourmet was throwing before the rebuild.

I see a recently updated AUR pkg python-reportlab. Is this what the build needs? Odd it was not a dependancy for gourmet with the older Python 2.4.

Thanks!

Bob

#4 2007-03-19 05:02:11

CavalierBob

To answer my own question, yes, python-reportlab was apparently what was needed. I installed the pkg from community (2.0-1, not even the most recent 2.0-2) and upon launching gourmet again it now works!

So I guess that python-reportlab needs to be added as a dependancy to the PKGBUILD.

Bob

#5 2007-04-11 17:23:05

Snarkout

Ah, cool - thanks for this info!  I'll give it a shot later.

edit: and IIRC, there were a number of other python packages I had to install a while back for gourmet to work correctly that were not included as deps.  Unfortunately I can't remember what they were.  Kind of a useless data point, I know, but what I'm getting at is that there may be more packages than just that one that need to be added.

Last edited by Snarkout (2007-04-11 17:27:56)

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein

#6 2007-04-12 05:20:10

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

I just updated gourmet (gourmet 0.13.4-2) and added missing depends. If there's still problems, post a comment in AUR.

Board footer