You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-12 20:14:31

Master One

Gnome 2.18.1 released on 11th April!

Not even mentioned on the Gnome website, but on the Foresight website (and the Foresight announcement on gnomedesktop.org). Looks like the Foresight guys are always first nowadays, seems it may be worth a look at the Conary package management system, which must have some advantages... wink

#2 2007-04-13 00:53:39

daedalusman

Re: Gnome 2.18.1 released on 11th April!

I have foresight installed on it's own partition and boot into every once in a while to play around with. My experience with canary is that it crashes a lot. When I fist installed it and did the first update all or whatever the command is (can't remember right now) conary crashed probably around 5 times before I got the update process finished. Conary also is very verbose, I mean redundantly verbose, at least I thought so. Also troves and groups seem to me to be redundant, which is partly way conary has redundant verbosity. Anyway, the small amount of time I've spent with foresight has lead me to believe is not ready yet. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except people who don't mind helping development by submitting bug reports all day, at least on the package manager which is the responsibility of rpath not foresight by the way. Just my thoughts.

Board footer