You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-05 05:44:29

ilmorris

Gnome 2.16.1 Debug Support?

Ok, I recently submitted crash information to bugzilla for an epiphany issue I am seeing.  My bug was determined to be related to another issue pending additional information (Bug 362609).  The devs are requesting additional information as the stack traces provided are incomplete.  They have suggested re-building, at a minimum,  mozilla backend, glib, gtk, libgnomeui, and epiphany with debug symbols in order to capture enough stack trace information relating to the issue.  It would seem that debug support isn't in the defacto pacman builds for Gnome that I am using.  Is this something that I can do via pacman or AUR?  Or is this a more in depth process?

Sorry if I started this thread in the wrong forum, I was a little lost as to exactly where this one would belong.

#2 2006-11-05 12:47:36

JGC
Developer

Re: Gnome 2.16.1 Debug Support?

Building with debug symbols would mean adding "-g" to the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in makepkg.conf and building with "makepkg -n". This way, debug symbols are added to the binaries and they don't get stripped.

I had a talk with Arjan about this a while ago. We might get gnome builds including debug symbols in the near future. Yes, the binaries are larger, but  it helps so much debugging problems.

#3 2007-04-13 08:04:31

dninja
Website

Re: Gnome 2.16.1 Debug Support?

Has anything been doine about getting debug symbols into the gnome binary packages? Evolution is currently crashing on me at least 3 times a week and each time bug buddy requests debug info which I'd like to give them but I don't want to start building chunks of my system from source.

Board footer