You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-21 09:27:15

mildred
Website

Where is btdownloadbui

Hi,

In the previous distribution I used (ubuntu), the main bittorrent client I used was btdownloadgui (it was the executable name, i don't know if the client name was the same). With ArchLinux, I got the 'bittorrent' client with a complex GUI.

My question is simple, how to get btdownloadgui ?

Why do i want this client ? Because it has a GUI (bittorrent no longer have a GUI: Bug #6758). Then because btdownloadgui ask me where to save the file (so I know exactly where the files are located), and the incomplete downloads are put in the final directory along with the completely downloaded files. i must say that I don't like the feeling of the bittorrent interface where there is a list of downloads like many P2P clients and putting the tempoary files in non-obvious location (~/.bittorrent/incomplete as far as I know).

And last thing (because we are talking of P2P), there is nothing illegal in what I ant to download even if it is copyrighted. These files are just videos made by an association and we share with members of that association around the world.

#2 2007-04-21 09:37:42

Purch

Re: Where is btdownloadbui

Install bittornado from extra and use the /usr/bin/btdownloadgui.py script. Google told that btdownloadgui in ubuntu is for bittornado and http://www.archlinux.org/packages/files/11863/ verified that.

Last edited by Purch (2007-04-21 09:38:35)

#3 2007-04-21 10:18:59

mildred
Website

Re: Where is btdownloadbui

thank you, that what Iwas looking for.

Board footer