You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-14 12:30:37

nistur

ati-fglrx issues after system update

I have got a laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility X1300 card and only recently managed to get fglrx working (system froze before)
I decided that I should probably update my systems and I ran pacman -Syu This updated ati-fglrx and ati-fglrx-utils.
Deciding to pass some time earlier I fired up XMoto only to find it didn't work. I searched and found this thread that at the end someone seemed to have the same problem. When I ran fglrxinfo I got the following error

ERROR: version mismatch - 2D module [8.35.5] incompatible with OGL client module [8.35.4].
libGL error: InitDriver failed

I believe the client module version number is correct but as I followed advice on that thread and removed ati-fglrx-utils (and therefore also ati-fglrx) I can no longer boot X without using vesa drivers, which wouldn't get the same error.
However, I did search for libGL.so when I removed it and found the following files:

[nistur@minas-morgul |]$ locate libGL.so
/usr/lib/xorg/FGL.renamed.libGL.so.1.2
/usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2
/usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so
/usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/FGL.renamed.libGL.so.1.2

Can anyone help me to get this working again?

Thanks
Nistur

Edit: I just compiled both packages from ABS just to see whether it would make a difference but I get the same error. However I did find out that "OGL client module" is [8.34.8]

Last edited by nistur (2007-04-14 12:42:20)

#2 2007-04-14 14:51:44

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: ati-fglrx issues after system update

Wait, /usr/lib/xorg?  Delete all those libGL.so files, and try reinstalling fglrx.

Last edited by Cerebral (2007-04-14 14:52:36)

#3 2007-04-14 19:23:40

nistur

Ok, I tried that. I still get exactly the same error when trying to run fglrxinfo. However this is only when I use startx. If I try and use gdm I get an error saying  something else. I'll edit my post a bit later. The reason is that using GDM, X loads but is at the wrong resolution as this is a 15" widescreen laptop monitor. As I am used to seeing at this resolution, when I tried with GDM, it looked ugly.

Thanks again
Nistur

Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.4 (1.5 Mesa 6.5.2)

Why am I getting 2 different error messages? Isn't it using the same xorg.conf?

Last edited by nistur (2007-04-14 19:27:35)

#4 2007-04-21 14:56:58

nistur

Ok, I can't work out what is wrong. I would like OpenGL to work soon so I think I'm going to resort to a reinstall. I suppose it's probably for the best, it's getting a little messy on here

Board footer